[Ultimate PDF] Uploading chrome-win.zip leads to 404

Forge Component
(7)
Published on 8 May by leonardo.fernandes
7 votes
Published on 8 May by leonardo.fernandes

The platform server I want to use this for does not have an active internet connection. Coincidentally, you just uploaded a new version which supports offline usage, provided that a chromium build is uploaded.

I'm trying to do this but something is going wrong. I downloaded the latest chromium build from here: https://storage.googleapis.com/chromium-browser-snapshots/Win_x64/654762/chrome-win.zip

I just created a page with an upload widget to upload the chrome-win.zip file downloaded from the above link, and a button to call the SetupBrowserRevision server action. I specified the revision number as 654672 and put the content of the upload widget as input for the zip.

Once I click the button the file uploads but I am then redirected to a 404 error page. Considering the PrintToPDF server action does not work at this point, I assume the upload somehow went wrong.

Am I doing something wrong here or is there some bug?

As a tip for the future, maybe it'd be nice to create an administration page for calling server actions like this, instead of requiring the users to build their own.

Solution

Hi Freek.

I think you're running into an IIS limit on the request size. See this post for a similar problem, and a description of a solution: https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/20948/problems-uploading-large-approx-200mb-osp/

Note that your symptom is different, since you're saying you get a 404, but it's worth a try. I had the same problem you're describing, and I confess I cheated by uploading a smaller file to test that the feature was working.

Another thing you could try is to unzip the file yourself into C:\Windows\Temp\.local-chromium\Win64-{release} (can't say for sure this is the correct path right now, but from memory that should be very close).

Anyway, you're right that this is still a primitive support. In the future, I want to have an easier way to support that scenario, but as you can see there's this limitation that I have to engineer my way around it. I'm also envisioning a satellite app to upload the file, so you can install it only if you have the need. That's why the feature is exposed as an API.

Solution

Hi Leonardo,

Apologies for the late reply.

The problem seems to have been two problems, actually. I initially applied the changes suggested in the link, which seems to have prevented the 404 from popping up but did not actually seem to fully complete the action. I then tried your suggestion of dropping it in the temp folder manually, which initially did not work because I put them there in a wrong folder structure, but when I then retried uploading the build using the server action it seems to have fixed itself. So perhaps there was some permissions problem as well, where it was not allowed to create a folder or something.

In any case, it works perfectly now. Thank you very much!