UI Behaviour of Server Action returned CurrDateTime() value in Mobile App | Outsystem

Greetings Folks,

I came up with the observation while working on Offline Sync Pattern.

I want to store the Sync Time & thus for that I am returning an Output Value i.e CurrentDateTime() from my Server-Action to Client Action.

ServerAction :

OutTime - CurrDateTime()

ClientAction:

I am using the ServerAction in same Client Action,

1-Now when I pop-up a message on UI & passed the same value which received from Server-Action, It shows the Local-Time

2-While I debug the same return value, it is showing the Server Time.

Is there any UI Wrapper or something which convert the Server-Action Return Value into LocalTime.

Thanks in Advance.

Assif

Hi Assif,

Why don't you use only client side? Create a auxiliar variable to save current time before the sync, and after syncing, you calculate the difference between your variable and current time.

Why don't you use only client side? Create an auxiliar variable to save the current time before the sync, and after syncing, you calculate the difference between your variable and current time.

Something like that:

Best regards,

Paulo

Paulo Cação wrote:

Hi Assif,

Why don't you use only client side? Create a auxiliar variable to save current time before the sync, and after syncing, you calculate the difference between your variable and current time.

Something like that:

Best regards,

Paulo

Thanks Paulo,

That's to one of the good approaches,

But kinda I am looking to use the default instead going in some Manual.