How to persist data in outsystem mobile?

Hello Supportteam,

Issue :

what is the best way to persist data throughout the application in outsystems10 mobile?

Eg : 

Suppose we are having authentication key which needs to be check on every api call.

And i want to store that api key somewhere in project.

At the same time if user minimized or logout the application i need to clear that Authentication key value.

Hi Virag  Sakhida,

There are different ways of persisting data and authentication keys might need risk assessment of using any approach. You can store in your local or remote database sensitive information, but consider to encrypt using Crypto tools (available in forge): https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/1613/crypto-library

Regards,

Hi Virag,

First, there's no "support team" here, we're all just volunteers and OutSystems enthousiasts.

Secondly, did you try to search for an answer in the documentation? Did you read on the Mobile App's Local Storage? If so, what problems do you see in using it?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Virag,

First, there's no "support team" here, we're all just volunteers and OutSystems enthousiasts.

Secondly, did you try to search for an answer in the documentation? Did you read on the Mobile App's Local Storage? If so, what problems do you see in using it?

Hello Kilian 

For your kind information,

Local storage is only works for that particular screen.

In my issue,

I clearly mentioned that i want to persist the data throughout the mobile app.And want to get and set key,value pair accordingly.

Hi Virag,

Thanks for the information, but you are wrong. Local storage is persistant across screens, and widely used to store data that's needed in an app. I would advise you to first do your research, before telling others they don't know things.

Hello kilian,

Then please tell me how can i assign local storage value to outsystems variable in onready Action?

Thanks,

Virag Sakhida

Hi Virag,

I'm not going to tell you, since you have clearly not done your homework. Please take the online course on mobile apps first, and when you still have questions about local storage and how to access it, open a new topic.

I'm going to close this topic, as your original question has been answered multiple times now.