Hi,

I have list of modules in an application. Now I  wanted to check the module type.

Can anyone help me how to check the module type whether it is web responsive or web blank or extension or service.

Thanks,

Pavani.

Hey Pavani,

Are you talking about in Service Studio or are you trying to create your own page where you want to display the module type to an end user?

If it's the former, for extensions there will be  "(extension)" shown behind the module name in grey text.
Blank and web responsive don't have much of a difference, web responsive already has a UI flow setup for you, but you can do this manually in blank aswell (so potentially they can be the same, but responsive does some stuff for you already).

Hi Pavani,

The System Entity "Espace" has a column "EspaceKind" that contains this information.

For the latter,

In system you can find a entity called Module, which has an attribute called Module_Kind_Id, though you don't really need this.

Instead you should look at wether the Espace_ID or Extension_ID is filled in (either of those will be NULL).
If extension_id is not null then this module is an extension.
If espace_id is not null then this module is an espace, which you can join to the Espace entity found in system.

Espace entity has an attribute called EspaceKind, which is a textual representation of the type of espace, responsive, blank, service.

Edit, seems Kilian beat me to the last part while I was still writing :)

Joey Moree wrote:

Hey Pavani,

Are you talking about in Service Studio or are you trying to create your own page where you want to display the module type to an end user?

If it's the former, for extensions there will be  "(extension)" shown behind the module name in grey text.
Blank and web responsive don't have much of a difference, web responsive already has a UI flow setup for you, but you can do this manually in blank aswell (so potentially they can be the same, but responsive does some stuff for you already).

Hi Joey,

I am taking about in service studio not trying to create by my own.

And I have checked for the extension behind the module name I didnot find the module type.

Thanks,

Pavani.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Pavani,

The System Entity "Espace" has a column "EspaceKind" that contains this information.

Hi Kilian,

I checked  this Espace in service center and could not find the EspaceKind  column .

Am I Checking in correct place?

Please help me.

Thanks,

Pavani

Solution

Hi Pavani,

I was assuming you meant to programmatically check the module type, not in Service Center. I don't think it's visible in Service Center (or Service Studio), so you'd have to create a smal app that queries the Espace Entity for that.

Solution

Hey Pavani,

In service studio:

Apperantly EspaceKind is of type RunTimeKind identifier.