Datepicker not closing after selection - Chrome

I have some logic built into my Datepicker which requires me to refresh the date selections when a From or To Date is selected.   I'm finding that the logic works as expected, but for some reason in Chrome when the user selects a ToDate often the date selection box remains open and I have to click elsewhere on the page to make it register the selection and dismiss the popup box.

I have tested this same page in IE11 and it works as expected, the popup box appears and after selection disappears.   Any idea why Chrome is behaving differently?

Hi Josh,

I use your application in chrome and I don't see any problem. Which chrome version are you using? Do you get any error on the browser console?

Regards,

Marcelo

I'm using Chrome Version 74.0.3729.131 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Nothing appears in the browser console at all, but I just tested again to confirm that I'm not crazy.   The FromDate selection works as expected, I select a date and the datepicker closes.   Then when I select the ToDate the datepicker remains open when I single click the date.   If I double click the date most of the time the datepicker closes and the date is stored in the input box.   (or if I select a date and then click anywhere outside of popup)

I tried uploading the OML to my personal cloud and running it from a different laptop and had the same results.   I attached a short video of the behavior.   Please note that when I select the "ToDate" the date is displayed in the input box but the date popup does not close.

Hi Josh,

I did the same test and is working. Do you have the last version of Outsystems UI Web Installed? You can get it here or in the forge tab of service studio.

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Josh,

I did the same test and is working. Do you have the last version of Outsystems UI Web Installed? You can get it here or in the forge tab of service studio.

Regards,

Marcelo

Yes the latest version of Outsystems WebUI is already installed.   I have now tried the same test on three different PCs and found that the Edge browser is also doing the same as Chrome.   Only IE is closing for me when I select the ToDate.   

I'm shocked that it's not working this way for you as every PC I've tried on is behaving the same way.

Hi Josh,

Because the problem is not in the code but the environment. Beside the latest version of Outsystems WebUI I don't see what can be doing that. Maybe you should contact Outsystems support here

Regards,

Marcelo

Will do,   I didn’t really think about contacting support. I figured I was doing something wrong.