Hi,

Is there any way to instead send an email, save it in the drafts?

Regards

Carlos Messias

Carlos Messias wrote:

Hi,

Is there any way to instead send an email, save it in the drafts?

Regards

Carlos Messias

Carlos,

Maybe you need to build this logic.

Cause Send Mail is only a component that actually send the email. Don't have any kind of management like post office or webmail. Did you understand? 

Regards

Thank you for your reply. I fully understand what you mean, I already knew it. The idea was to get some hint about a component or script.

Thank you anyway

Carlos Messias wrote:

Thank you for your reply. I fully understand what you mean, I already knew it. The idea was to get some hint about a component or script.

Thank you anyway

I think can be a good idea. ????

Hello Carlos,

What is your use case?
As the email is built "dynamically" through a specialized web page that is used by the send mail to build and send the email, if you don't want to send now, but later, it will be built later when you actually send it.

So, why do you want to "store" it? What's the purpose?

Cheers.

Hello
The goal is simple. Through a calendar of events, emails with different texts and recipients are generated. However, each user wants to validate whether or not to send the generated email.
I have a similar functionality in C # and intend to do something similar in outsystems. Because it is not possible, I will have to develop an extension with the code in C #.

Best regards,
Carlos Messias

Hi Carlos, 

Don't know any component. Doesn't mean it does not exists. 

Anyway, you have only to save the "text" of the mail. And use the same text to show to the user as well as source. To the email page. The complexity will depend on the email design and the differences for each type of email, but for sure there is no need to use an extension, I think... 

Cheers 

Hi,

Create entity to hold the variable parts of the email per addresse and a status field.

Create a list screen and detail screen on the entity.

The detail screen can have the similar layout as the email screen. 

Generate the data in the entity with status draft.

Let users when accessing the list screen see only their own emails default filtered on status draft.

Add a button on the detail screen to send the email and update the status to Sent.

Of course this is a simplified scenario you can implement. Just use your creative mind, start small and iterate over your solution until your customer is happy 

Good luck.

Regards,

Daniel