How to use cookies to recall form details

Can anyone assist:  I have an anonymous application form that a user fills in and saves.  When it is saved I include the osVisitor cookie as an attribute in the saved form. 

What I want to do is to allow the anonymous user to come back to the site and have his information shown on the form again to allow them to add more information.  In the preparation I have added an aggregate that is filtered by the retrieved cookie from the anonymous users browser and I try to match that against any records that have the same cookie...  But the issue I have is that it always comes up blank.  

Could someone explain what they would put in the preparation of such a form in order to have the anonymous user, who has already saved a part filled form, have his data displayed when they return to the site?

Hope that makes sense.

Regards,

Chris.

Can you please share a simple OML file that replicates the issue? That would make it a lot easier to help troubleshoot. 

Also, can you share the version of the platform and Service Studio that you are currently using?

Christopher White wrote:

Can anyone assist:  I have an anonymous application form that a user fills in and saves.  When it is saved I include the osVisitor cookie as an attribute in the saved form. 

What I want to do is to allow the anonymous user to come back to the site and have his information shown on the form again to allow them to add more information.  In the preparation I have added an aggregate that is filtered by the retrieved cookie from the anonymous users browser and I try to match that against any records that have the same cookie...  But the issue I have is that it always comes up blank.  

Could someone explain what they would put in the preparation of such a form in order to have the anonymous user, who has already saved a part filled form, have his data displayed when they return to the site?

Hope that makes sense.

Regards,

Chris.

Chris,

With osVisitor cookie you can temporarily persist in some table and when a user come back you can validate with your record if is the same user and load the according record.

A raw example to give some idea.

Reference: https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Maintenance_and_Operations/Cookie_Usage_in_Web_Applications

Hi Chris,

Can you please share your OML.

Thank you for all your assistance.  I now have this working and can retrieve the relevant record.