National Holidays Import Excel File

Hi Guys,

I'm developing a holiday application which will let me ideally import national holiday data from an excel file to update the existing national holidays once expired.

As seen above, the issue i'm facing is once i go to upload the attached Excel file in the "export national holidays data" web block i'm greeted with an error.

Now i cant personally see what the issue is as, exporting existing national holidays for a specific country seems to work fine but it seems to really dislike Importing. Is there something within the excel file that outsystems might frown upon in order to not import the records?

Any pointers would be brilliant. Thanks!

--------------------------

EDIT. I've just found out importing an excel file as an attachment for you guys to view is not valid in these forums? Is there other ways of including it?

Hi Aarron White,

Did you considered using APIs for that purpose?

I think would be more updated and reduce work for you.

Marco Arede wrote:

Hi Aarron White,

Did you considered using APIs for that purpose?

I think would be more updated and reduce work for you.

That would be the ideal end goal, but as I'm still relatively new i'm attempting to do all different variations of ways to get my head round ways of doing things.

Good initiative. Using API is simple but requires you to understand something about web services as REST. Then you might want start looking into https://calendarific.com/.