Hello,

I have an action that calls a SOAP Webservice which, in turn, sends a sms.


In a production environment, this action stopped sending the sms. It has already been verified in SOA, and it is not a service problem.


I checked into the Service Center in the integration tab, and there is no log for this service (for calls that have not received sms).


So, two questions:
1) In the Service Center Integrations tab, are all service calls required to be logged? Having occurred or not an error? I need to know if it was an invocation error.
2) And taking into account that everything is fine in this action, less the call to the service, what could be wrong since no change was made to the code.


Thanks in advance,


Filipa

Hi Filipa, yes, all the webservice calls are supposed to be logged in the integration tab.

Have you checked the errors log? I suppose that an error might be happening before your SMS service invocation. If this is the case, it will be logged in the Errors log.

João Melo wrote:

Hi Filipa, yes, all the webservice calls are supposed to be logged in the integration tab.

Have you checked the errors log? I suppose that an error might be happening before your SMS service invocation. If this is the case, it will be logged in the Errors log.

Hi João,

thanks for you reply. Yes, I have checked and there's nothing there.


Hi Filipa,

To add to what João said, in case of an error, it also indicates (in the logging) there has been an error. So the error must be (like João said) somewhere earlier in the process.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Filipa,

To add to what João said, in case of an error, it also indicates (in the logging) there has been an error. So the error must be (like João said) somewhere earlier in the process.

Hi Kilian,

I have logs in my process that show me that everything went well minus the call to the service.


And I have no indication of any error in both in the error tab and in the integration tab.


I in the integration tab, i have only logs from the Performance Probe module.


Strange case! :) Normally I'd say "debug it", but you can't in Production, so... What I'd do is

  1. Check whether there's any alternative flow in the code that could cause the integration to be skipped;
  2. As a last resort: put LogMessages in strategic places to see where the code flow goes.


Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Strange case! :) Normally I'd say "debug it", but you can't in Production, so... What I'd do is

  1. Check whether there's any alternative flow in the code that could cause the integration to be skipped;
  2. As a last resort: put LogMessages in strategic places to see where the code flow goes.


Yes, that's another problem. 

I'm doing the second one.

Thanks Kilian!


Let us know how it goes :).