Bulk upload of files(image & pdf)

I'm facing a problem in uploading files to DB, it takes to long to upload files sometimes it results to timeout. I'm about to upload 30 files each has 250KB. I don't know how to use it in timer because the action that I'm going to run has input parameter of list of files that needs to upload but then the timer doesn't have the input parameter when I drag it on the action flow. Originally the files that needs to upload are 1k files each day. Does anyone can suggest a way to this? 

I think you can only run session variables/site properties in timers?

I totally understand your problem though, I fixed this by changing the jquery uploader a bit, it uses async so the user does not get a timeout (the individual upload might fail, but you can retry it), to directly store the files in an entity so I can use it in a process, which clears them after completion.

Joey Moree Can you give an example oml?

I think you can only run session variables/site properties in timers?

I totally understand your problem though, I fixed this by changing the jquery uploader a bit, it uses async so the user does not get a timeout (the individual upload might fail, but you can retry it), to directly store the files in an entity so I can use it in a process, which clears them after completion.

Solution

Hi Jan,

have you tried the multi file upload pattern that is available on the forge? 

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/200/multiple-file-upload,

i've uploaded like 20-30 file of Mb large file without having timeout problems. even Larger files, i've uploade files of 200Mb with that component. 

Br

Solution

Domingues wrote: This worked!  Thank you man.

Hi Jan,

have you tried the multi file upload pattern that is available on the forge? 

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/200/multiple-file-upload,

i've uploaded like 20-30 file of Mb large file without having timeout problems. even Larger files, i've uploade files of 200Mb with that component. 

Br