How to get REST web references from a system entity?

Hey guys,

I'm only able to look at SOAP web references using the Web_Reference entity (and Web_Service entity), though I am unable to find the REST version. If I look into the database I can see some entities called WEBREFERENCEINFO and REST_WEB_SERVICE, either of those should be fine....

Now I can do some sneaky hacks to allow access to this entity using advanced SQL, but I'd rather have an actual entity I can reference properly.

Any idea's?

Running on P10 btw.

Not sure I understood, Joey. 

Só, I'll start making a question. 

Why do you need this? What are you trying to accomplishe with this information? 

And what did you meat by Rest version? Did you implement both a soap and a rest? 

Cheers. 

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Not sure I understood, Joey. 

Só, I'll start making a question. 

Why do you need this? What are you trying to accomplishe with this information? 

And what did you meat by Rest version? Did you implement both a soap and a rest? 

Cheers. 

I'm consuming the LifetimeAPI in another espace. This is a REST webservice, I wish to display the URL of this webservice to the user so they can verify it's validity (and if possible change it directly on screen by using a update action).

This is possible to do for SOAP webservices, but not for REST webservices (or I am unable just to find the correct entity for this).

My ultimate goal is to create an easy to use developer tool for easily fixing incompatible/outdated/broken modules.

I don't understand why consumed SOAP web services are available but REST services aren't..... (bug? or oversight?)

Hi!

Take a look at this topic: https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/24505/retrieve-a-list-of-rest-webservices-belonging-to-an-espace/

Basically, in 2017-05, the reply from João Rosado (OutSystems' staff) was:

Currently, the only supported way to access that information is via the OutDoc API.

Allowing easier access to this (and similar) information is in the roadmap, but at this point there is no release planned for it.

As a solution, I suggested:

There is now the Extended Metamodel component that allows you to get the list of exposed and consumed REST web services: Entities REST_Expose, and REST_Web_Reference.

Take notice though of this:

Notice: This component takes advantage of private and undocumented Platform APIs, which can change without notice. As a result, this component may unexpectedly break as the Platform is upgraded. We advise proper testing to ensure that your applications continue to work as expected when upgrading/patching the Platform.

--Tiago Bernardo

Tiago Bernardo wrote:

Hi!

Take a look at this topic: https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/24505/retrieve-a-list-of-rest-webservices-belonging-to-an-espace/

Basically, in 2017-05, the reply from João Rosado (OutSystems' staff) was:

Currently, the only supported way to access that information is via the OutDoc API.

Allowing easier access to this (and similar) information is in the roadmap, but at this point there is no release planned for it.

As a solution, I suggested:

There is now the Extended Metamodel component that allows you to get the list of exposed and consumed REST web services: Entities REST_Expose, and REST_Web_Reference.

Take notice though of this:

Notice: This component takes advantage of private and undocumented Platform APIs, which can change without notice. As a result, this component may unexpectedly break as the Platform is upgraded. We advise proper testing to ensure that your applications continue to work as expected when upgrading/patching the Platform.

--Tiago Bernardo

Hey Tiago, 

I didn't know this component existed! But this method is included in my "hacky methods" to fetch system data.
Though I would've rather have had an actual entity I could've referenced from (system).

It seems it's just not possible currently, but thanks for your help!

I'll try to look up an existing idea and if so, add my vote to it, if not I'll create a new one :)