Moving an project from PE into another PC

Good day Guys

I wanted to know if I can Transfer my Projects from one Personal Environment into another Personal Environment, or its only possible for Personal to Enterprise only?

Hi Chess,

The PE is an infrastructure that OutSystems provide to you without any cost, so the main goal of this is training, testing concepts and for that, it shouldn't be used as a development environment for real projects.

Hi Chess,

You can not transfer between PE and PE and also not from PE to Enterprise.

If you want to make your work available to the community you can upload it to the forge.

Regards,

Daniel

Nuno Rolo wrote:

Hi Chess,

The PE is an infrastructure that OutSystems provide to you without any cost, so the main goal of this is training, testing concepts and for that, it shouldn't be used as a development environment for real projects.

Which, if you ask me, is a bad thing. I create loads of Proof of Concepts on my PE just so we don't clutter our EE. Currently the only method to bring you project to your EE is via the Forge, and that is something I don't want to do in most cases due to IP and not wanting to fill the forge with projects no-one wants.

So from PE to PE, that I can understand"ish". But from PE to EE? I find that a very very strange decision as the PE is a great accelerator.

For Poc you can have Partner Demo license. Also we tend not to use PoC solution as starting point for actual projects.Personal Environment as it says in its name is not ment to be for business software development.

Regarding different purpose applications, I see your point, we have developer playground apps, BDD test apps, Business Apps, Foundation Apps, PoC apps. It would be nice if we could make our own categorization using tags and have them group like that in Service Studio.

Hi Vincent,

That's something that only OutSystems can provide you with the reasons.

But if you think a little bit you see that one is free the other one doesn't, so money talks.