OutSystems UI - Navigation\Tabs - No active tab on first load, possible?

Hello,

I am trying to use the Navigation\Tabs without displaying an active tab on first load. Only after the user selects a tab the content of that tab is displayed. I'm guessing that this is not possible by default, correct? If so, is there a simple way to implement this?

O11 with OutSystems UI

Solution

Hi Yuri,

This did the trick for me, but there may be better solutions:

I created a style class '.Hide {display: none;}', and added this style class to the ExtendedClass property of the first TabsHeaderItem, and left the content of that tab empty.

Solution

Sam Rijkers wrote:

Hi Yuri,

This did the trick for me, but there may be better solutions:

I created a style class '.Hide {display: none;}', and added this style class to the ExtendedClass property of the first TabsHeaderItem, and left the content of that tab empty.

Thanks Sam, it works! Nice workaround and quite simple!

Jeffrey Meijer wrote:

Hi Yuri,

You can use several input parameters which you can use. One of them is ActiveTab. Please see the article below with additional explanation.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Patterns/Using_Web_Patterns/Navigation/Tabs#Tabs

Thanks Jeffrey, I am aware of the documentation and had seen it before posting, but it is not clear on how to do what I needed it to do. If I pass the ActiveTab with "none" or any other tab that does not exists it defaults to the first one. That is why the solution from Sam works so well.