Hi,

I'm working with Outsystems 10 on a Web app. I have 2 drop down . in first drop down i have 3 attributes ( action, budget, outlook). in second drop down i have months ( jan to desc). i want to do that when i select outlook from first drop down then second drop down appear. i do not  know how to do this. please explane.

Hi,

you can try the following pattern: 

On drop 2 set the condition of visibility of the drop down to var 1 <> null 

Then set the on change handler on dropdown 1 

in the handler do a ajax refresh to the combo box.

Best Regards

Domingues wrote:

Hi,

you can try the following pattern: 

On drop 2 set the condition of visibility of the drop down to var 1 <> null 

Then set the on change handler on dropdown 1 

in the handler do a ajax refresh to the combo box.

Best Regards

HI Domingues.

I did same logic but it is not working. can you make logic flow of ondrop1change.

Hi Harish,

The flow of ondrop1change is the last image. Can you share with us what you did so we can check you didn't forget anything?

Regards,

Marcelo

Yes i am sharing 

Hi,

So your problem that the second dropdown shows every time you select something on scenario and not just Outlook right?

You need to change Session.ScenarioId <> NullIdentifier() to Session.ScenarioId = <insert Outlook Id here>

Regards,

Marcelo 

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi,

So your problem that the second dropdown shows every time you select something on scenario and not just Outlook right?

You need to change Session.ScenarioId <> NullIdentifier() to Session.ScenarioId = <insert Outlook Id here>

Regards,

Marcelo 

i want that when i select only outlook attribute from dropdown first then months is visible from second dropdown. please explane

Hi,

Check if you understand the example attached.

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi,

Check if you understand the example attached.

Regards,

Marcelo

Sir i have Outsystems 10 so file is not open 

Solution

Hi,

This is the structure of my page:

As you can see the month label and dropdown are inside a container called month

You need to refresh this container on the onchange of drop 1.

Regards,

Marcelo

Solution