[Data Grid] [Bug] Refreshing breaks auto generated columns

Forge Component
(25)
Published on 31 Jul (3 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D
25 votes
Published on 31 Jul (3 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D

Hey guys,

When using the auto generate columns option, when I refresh the table (for when the user changes input for the rest web service) I lose all the columns (but I do have the correct number of pages/results in the footer). There's just no columns/data visible in the table.

Is this an Ajax Refresh?

And can you clarify what "when the user changes input for the rest web service" means? Are you saying the user changes a parameter that's sent to the REST service?

Yeah that's correct it's an ajax refresh.

I'm sending an ID field with the rest webservice, so the input for RestURL (GridContainer) looks like this:

"https://myserver.com/Module/rest/Demo/GetData?RecordId="+RecordId

I'm using a dropdown, which on change will display a list of records matching on the selection of the dropdown (like a master-detail relationship). 

The GridContainer is located in a webblock, this webblock receives the RecordId as an input, when changing the dropdown (which is in the webscreen itself), I refresh the entire webblock to refresh the RecordId.

I'm running on P10 by the way, perhaps I'm doing something wrong here?

Hey Joey,

Can you please show us an app (plus resources needed) where the issue is happening? :) 

Hey Rita, 

I will try to reproduce it in P11, currently running on P10 enterprise, so I can't really share that module :(

Ok so I was able to reproduce :) 

Take a look:

https://claring.outsystemscloud.com/DemoDataGrid/WebScreen1.aspx?StaticAId=1

Try changing the dropdown on screen to see what happens.

https://claring.outsystemscloud.com/DemoDataGrid/WebScreen1.aspx?StaticAId=2

When entering the screen with another input it does show that there is data present and that this is working, but for some reason the columns are not generated.

I added the OML to this post.

Hey Joey,

Sorry for the delay, I've looked at the issue. I can't see to be able to give you a simple and easy work around. We're adding this to our backlog and hopefully provide a fix soon.

Thank you so much for the OML and for reporting it!

Rita Dias wrote:

Hey Joey,

Sorry for the delay, I've looked at the issue. I can't see to be able to give you a simple and easy work around. We're adding this to our backlog and hopefully provide a fix soon.

Thanks alot!

If I come across a easy workaround I'll post it here in the meantime.
Hope it gets fixed soon :)

Joey Moree wrote:

Rita Dias wrote:

Hey Joey,

Thanks alot!

Hi Joey,

I have the same trouble, have you solved it now? I really need help.

thank you.

Wang Jiaqin wrote:

Joey Moree wrote:

Rita Dias wrote:

Hey Joey,

Thanks alot!

Hi Joey,

I have the same trouble, have you solved it now? I really need help.

thank you.

Hey Wang,

I did come across a sort of workaround...

I wrapped it inside an iframe and refreshed the iframe.

Hi,

Can we please bump this a bit on the backlog, I'm also having the same issue with just normal fields, not even auto generated fields. Data loads at start, but if contained in a tab widget and switching tabs, the data disappears, or even contained in a web block and the web block gets refreshed.

Thanks

Hi Guys. 

We're also having this issue. We have page filters which should filter this table, so need to ajax refresh it after changing the data, but this appears to be killing it also..

Can we get an update on when this may be implemented?