Offline Web Application with Outsystems 11

Hello

Does Outsystems 11 support offline application?

Can we build an offline application with Outsystems 11? if yes how?

Thank you



norman in wrote:

Hello

Does Outsystems 11 support offline web application?

Can we build an offline web application with Outsystems 11? if yes how?

Thank you



Hi norman,

What is offline on the web ?? There's nothing called Offline in Web basically.

It can be a desktop app or Mobile app in Offline but not the web even you go with a Native Core Development.





assif_tiger wrote:

norman in wrote:

Hello

Does Outsystems 11 support offline web application?

Can we build an offline web application with Outsystems 11? if yes how?

Thank you



Hi norman,

What is offline on the web ?? There's nothing called Offline in Web basically.

It can be a desktop app or Mobile app in Offline but not the web even you go with a Native Core Development.





I mean offline application kinda like how you do in the mobile version 


Hi norman in,

As of OutSystems 11, there is no platform support for offline scenarios on Web Applications, only Mobile Apps.

What is your usage scenario? Remember OutSystems Web Applications run on the server, so if you don't have connectivity you won't be able to run any logic whatsoever.

Solution

Hi Norman,

You can use mobile app to build an offline web app. It is not supported by OutSystems, and you need to do some CSS.chsnges to allow mobile to handle browser resize rvents. Also online / off line detection you have to replace by  HTML5 online / offline browser detection.. You cannot use mobile plugins either. We have done a big project like this.

The use case for our project was that it needed to run on laptop, Apple iPad or Android tablet was no option for the customer 

Given the experience we had with the project, I can say it can be done. But I would advice that if possible build the mobile app for a tablet. As you will have OutSystems support and use OutSystems mobile out of the box for which it was designed.

If you want to know more about the project we have done, send me a message to setup a call.

Regards,

Daniel


Solution

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi norman in,

As of OutSystems 11, there is no platform support for offline scenarios on Web Applications, only Mobile Apps.

What is your usage scenario? Remember OutSystems Web Applications run on the server, so if you don't have connectivity you won't be able to run any logic whatsoever.

Hi thank you for the response, the reason for my question is because I was requested if it possible to build an application for company internal usage, so the point is the company can still access to internal server even when there is no network, something like a intranet


Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Norman,

You can use mobile app to build an offline web app. It is not supported by OutSystems, and you need to do some CSS.chsnges to allow mobile to handle browser resize rvents. Also online / off line detection you have to replace by  HTML5 online / offline browser detection.. You cannot use mobile plugins either. We have done a big project like this.

The use case for our project was that it needed to run on laptop, Apple iPad or Android tablet was no option for the customer 

Given the experience we had with the project, I can say it can be done. But I would advice that if possible build the mobile app for a tablet. As you will have OutSystems support and use OutSystems mobile out of the box for which it was designed.

If you want to know more about the project we have done, send me a message to setup a call.

Regards,

Daniel



thank you, was reading about converting mobile offline app too