Popup_Editor inside WebBlock

i might be doing something wrong. I need to create the web block with link and Popup Editior. but unfortunately the popup editior is not recognized with the link.id. Need help. I am using version 10.0 with Java Stack.  Error: Popup link id must be the id of a Link or Button Widget with Method Navigate. i verified the name of the link is matches with the Popup Editor attached reference for screen shot.

Hi Meenakshi Rengasamy

Popup editor is meant to be used to open another SCREEN inside your screen (where the popup is placed).
So, it requires that the link is set to NAVIGATION to a screen.

You are setting it to submit to an action.
It will not work.

Why are you calling action in the link?

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Meenakshi Rengasamy

Popup editor is meant to be used to open another SCREEN inside your screen (where the popup is placed).
So, it requires that the link is set to NAVIGATION to a screen.

You are setting it to submit to an action.
It will not work.

Why are you calling action in the link?

Cheers.

Yep that is my mistake but , my issue is not related to that. even after I change back to native and destination as common\ExternalURL. I am facing the link.id reference issue. My issue here is I am having page with web block, inside the web block having the link and pop up editor. On page load I am getting the error. 

My requirement is to call pop up editor to call from html graph button with parameters. To do that I created function that call the hidden link to open . All this works perfectly. I want to make it as reusable webblock for different pages

Some times is a question of position. When loading the page the elements are created in a sequence and if the popup editor is created before the link you can have this error. 

Tray to delete your popup editor and insert a new one after the link. 

Hope this help. 

Graça

Solution

Hi, 

If you are getting the error as soon as you enter the page, I am pretty sure you are doing one of these:

1. The link is disabled. If the link is disabled, the Pop-up editor does not recognize it. Put an IF around the pop-up editor with the same condition, and make it appear only when you enable the link

2. The link is not there, either because an IF or because a visible property. Do the same as the situation above. 

If this is not the problem, could you share your module for us to take a look? 

Cheers 

Solution

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi, 

If you are getting the error as soon as you enter the page, I am pretty sure you are doing one of these:

1. The link is disabled. If the link is disabled, the Pop-up editor does not recognize it. Put an IF around the pop-up editor with the same condition, and make it appear only when you enable the link

2. The link is not there, either because an IF or because a visible property. Do the same as the situation above. 

If this is not the problem, could you share your module for us to take a look? 

Cheers 

Attaching Sample i created for your reference

Hi Meenaskshi,

You are defining the link URL, inside the web block, through an "input parameter".
But at the page level, this input parameter is initially empty. So, your link is "invalid" and the Popup editor will raise an error because of this.

Solution: or you give a valid initial value for the URL (like "#"), or you put the PopupEditor inside an IF that will built it ONLY when you have a valid URL in the input parameter.

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Meenaskshi,

You are defining the link URL, inside the web block, through an "input parameter".
But at the page level, this input parameter is initially empty. So, your link is "invalid" and the Popup editor will raise an error because of this.

Solution: or you give a valid initial value for the URL (like "#"), or you put the PopupEditor inside an IF that will built it ONLY when you have a valid URL in the input parameter.

Cheers

Awesome, its worked. i created the local variable and initialize at the preparation.

Code Snippet

If(PageURL <> "",PageURLLocal=PageURL,"#")