Development Environment Release 22 (version 11.0.510) already installed

Hi,

I noticed that the auto updated already installed release 22 version 11.0.510 on my laptop but on the https://www.outsystems.com/home/downloads page still release 21 is mentioned as latest version.

Is there a reason for that?

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniël,

Are you using the Beta version or the normal one?

Hi Kilian,

Normal version.

Regards,

Daniel

Solution

Hi Daniël,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We updated the latest version on the website.

Let me take the chance to kindly ask you why do you need to go to the website to check the latest version of Development Environment? The purpose of the auto update is to save you from the hassle to update it manually. Were you looking for the release notes? Is there something that we can improve in the process? Thank you.

Cheers,

Gonçalo

Solution

Hi Gonçalo,

I have two reasons:

1. I want to know the release notes, so I can share the highlights with team members. There is apart from the whats new no information what is new and equally important what is fixed.

2. Leading two development teams at customer site. AutoaUpdater for them doesn't work(probably network restrictions, customer IT department is looking into that, also a support case to outsystems support has been submitted).

I need to give them the download link, so that everybody keeps on the same version of Service Studio.
    It does work on my laptop as it is of my own company and when not at customer site, AutoUpdater does work.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniël,

I had auto-updater problems as well, and it turned out to be the anti-virus software quarenteening the auto-updater executable (which is added to the Windows scheduler).

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Gonçalo,

I have two reasons:

1. I want to know the release notes, so I can share the highlights with team members. There is apart from the whats new no information what is new and equally important what is fixed.

2. Leading two development teams at customer site. AutoaUpdater for them doesn't work(probably network restrictions, customer IT department is looking into that, also a support case to outsystems support has been submitted).

I need to give them the download link, so that everybody keeps on the same version of Service Studio.
    It does work on my laptop as it is of my own company and when not at customer site, AutoUpdater does work.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniël,

Thank you for your explanation, it makes absolute sense. We will ensure that both the auto-update and downloads page have always the same latest version. In the meanwhile, I will share your use cases with our R&D to see if there is anything that we can do to improve that experience. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Cheers,

Gonçalo