Email received from Send Email having Outbound emailid

Hi ,

I am facing issue with Default sender email

1. Its being mentioned as "Default Email address to be used when no sender is specified in the From property of a sent Email," but it is picking the Default sender email eventhough the Send Email widget is having proper email set in From (email created with "EmailAddressCreate" Api)

2. It is not allowing to set null value/clear  Default Sender Email, refer screeshot at the end, this is happening in OutSystems 11

3. When i set empty string " ", it is picking the Email id from the configured username

Atleast in the Email log it is showing From properly, but otherwise the email received are having From as Username as in the Email configuration

i tried this post but didn't work for me :-(

Need help, thanks in advance

Hi Suresh

You need to send that default sender email to an actual email address. You can over rider that as you send actual emails.

Stacey

Stacey Levine wrote:

Hi Suresh

You need to send that default sender email to an actual email address. You can over rider that as you send actual emails.

Stacey

Hi Stacey,

Thanks for you response, i had tried following, in my case Default sender email is same as username, also tried with empty string " " in Default sender

1. From emailid in Send mail widget having same domain Ex. From: xxx@abc.com and Username: ab123@abc,com, Received Email contains: From as ab123@abc,com

2. From emailid in Send mail widget having different domain Ex. From: xxx@abc.com and Username: ab123@xyz,com, , Received Email contains: From as ab123@xyz,com

From emailid is not overriding Default sender email, instead from is always having emailid from configured Username(Outbound emailid), I am not getting what is the mistake, it seems to work for everyone.

Thanks.