Outsystems on Safari but can't login

Hi

I was able to access www.outsystems.com on my Safari browser previously but I wasn't able to view the login button since yesterday. I click on the Outsystems logo, the login button will appear and disappear. To workaround, I access the learning portal by going through the footer.

Thank you for helping.

Hi James,

I've been able to access https://www.outsystems.com and the Login link is there, as you can see below:

Is this where you're failing to be able to login?

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for your prompt reply and taking the time to answer my query.

This was what I used to get but now it is not.

If I try click on the Outsystems company logo, the login will appear and disappear. 

It seems there's something off with the style there: logo has no margins, menu doesn't show up, but the background image seems to be in the exact same place...

Can you try this on a Private Window? just to see if this could be caused by some locally stored information? If it works, you may want to remove all cookies for outsystems.com

Meanwhile I'll flag this to the team responsible, so they can check on their side as well.

Thanks. I tried New Private Window but the result is the same. For Chrome, it is ok.

Appreciate for letting the team know. 

Well, I've tested myself. I face the same behaviour as described by Jorge. The only way I get to something similar is if I resize the window to a smaller size.

Can you also let us know what's your device and the browser version you're using?

Cheers!

Oh yeah! I get to see the login (and the menu banner) when I resize (bigger)

I am using iMac 10.14.4 (Majave) with Safari 12.1. Thank you :)

Cool! I would probably say that when you resized, some CSS styling might not be loaded or applied. If you can replicate and try to point us into an approximate size which that issue occurs, the website design team can figure out the issue.

But glad it got solved!

I am not sure if this is properly obtained, but I select Develop > Enter Responsive Design Mode on Safari and provide the following two screen size.

I tried to submit a video but *.MOV extension is not allowed here :(

Thanks for the help. In both of those sizes, everything seems to be working as expected (you have the login button on the below sample and the burger menu on the upper sample). If you can replicate it, just let us know.

Cheers!

I discover more about this issue. From a big screen size, everything is ok. I reduce to a specific size, the top menu including hamburger menu is gone. I continue to reduce the screen size, the hamburger menu appear. I click on the hamburger menu, the login is not there.

In other words, there is a range of screen size where the top menu banner, login and search button is suppressed. Am I correct?

If you can get us the size that no menu shows up, either in full or as an hamburger, that's golden. Obviously, the menu should be accessible at all times.

Cheers!

While looking for way to determine the screen size, I stumble upon this menu option Safari > Settings for this website and the zoom was at 115%. So trial and error, I set it to 100% and the issue was resolved. i.e. I can see the menu and hamburger menu at various sizes.

However, the login is still not visible when I access via the hamburger menu. 

(p/s: I am going offline until tomorrow)

Armando Gomes wrote:

If you can get us the size that no menu shows up, either in full or as an hamburger, that's golden. Obviously, the menu should be accessible at all times.

Cheers!

Do you have a method to get the size of the browser? If I set the Page Zoom to 100%, the responsiveness is maintained while resizing the browser. I think this setting is ok with me. Thank you.

I was able to reproduce the issue. Starting at 100%, everything is okay. If I go 115% or 125%, it doesn't behave properly. If I go 150%, it does.

Then there is some random combination in which if I went from 100% to 150% (directly) and then would go to 125%, 115% and then 100%, everything would work fine.

I've passed that information to the team, so they should have all they need. Now it's just a matter of time.

Thanks for the feedback and help on this issue. Highly appreciated!

Cheers!

Armando Gomes wrote:

I was able to reproduce the issue. Starting at 100%, everything is okay. If I go 115% or 125%, it doesn't behave properly. If I go 150%, it does.

Then there is some random combination in which if I went from 100% to 150% (directly) and then would go to 125%, 115% and then 100%, everything would work fine.

I've passed that information to the team, so they should have all they need. Now it's just a matter of time.

Thanks for the feedback and help on this issue. Highly appreciated!

Cheers!

Oh wow. You go that extra mile :) 

(By the way, just asking), should the Login prompt/link supposed to appear if I click on the hamburger menu?

Yes, it is supposed to appear but it's not showing up. Another one caught by you.

I guess OutSystems needs to send some swag to you... :)

Armando Gomes wrote:

Yes, it is supposed to appear but it's not showing up. Another one caught by you.

I guess OutSystems needs to send some swag to you... :)

To certain extend, I am "gifted" to "spot flaws/mistakes". To the extend that I can correct the correction made by my son's school teachers! 

Sadly, the only company that listen to my "complain" is Apple Inc., now I have added Outsystems. The rest I couldn't be bother to tell them.