Hi, I am getting the following error while trying to new database connection. 

Connection String test failed: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

The database server is accepting the Remote connection, can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance

Deepak

Deepak Vaidya wrote:

Connection String test failed: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

The database server is accepting the Remote connection, can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance

Deepak

Hello Deepak,

The message is somewhat clear: the connection was unsuccessful because it can't find either the Server of the Instance specified.

A few details that might help: 

a) if the DB is on premises - if the server is on premises, can you access the DB from your machine? If the server is on the cloud, can an outside connection connect to the DB?

b) if the DB is on the cloud - can you access the database from your machine? Can you access the database from your machine outside of the corporate network?

You can also refer to this article for more information and help.

Cheers!

Armando Gomes wrote:

Deepak Vaidya wrote:

Thanks in advance

Deepak

Hello Deepak,

The message is somewhat clear: the connection was unsuccessful because it can't find either the Server of the Instance specified.

A few details that might help: 

a) if the DB is on premises - if the server is on premises, can you access the DB from your machine? If the server is on the cloud, can an outside connection connect to the DB?

b) if the DB is on the cloud - can you access the database from your machine? Can you access the database from your machine outside of the corporate network?

You can also refer to this article for more information and help.

Cheers!

Thank you Armando. The DB is on premise and was open for remote connections. However, I am able to create the connection now.

Regards

Deepak