[Multiple Select] What is the Selections for?

Forge Component
(15)
Published on 2014-05-02 by André Madeira
15 votes
Published on 2014-05-02 by André Madeira

There is an attribute in the web block wbMultipleSelect called "Selections" that is mandatory and requires Text. What is it for?

Is it anything related to the selected options in the list? Since everytime i do an exception throwing the selected values are all gone.

Hi Stephen,

On what version of OutSystems are you developing?

This component is for version 8.

In version 11 with OutSystems UI there are standard widgets who can give you the same behaviour.

Just use a listbox with the select widget.

Regards,

Daniel

Stephen Li wrote:

There is an attribute in the web block wbMultipleSelect called "Selections" that is mandatory and requires Text. What is it for?

Is it anything related to the selected options in the list? Since everytime i do an exception throwing the selected values are all gone.

Hi Stephen 

There you can place the positions in the list of the items that are selected.

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Stephen,

In version 11 with OutSystems UI there are standard widgets who can give you the same behaviour.

Regards,

Daniel

Just noted about that. Thanks for your reminder. But I seem to face similar issue where how to set the default selected items. Can you enlighten me on that?

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Stephen,

Regards,

Daniel

Now I remember why I insisted to use this module instead of the ListBox. It is because it doesn't provide an option to the endusers to "Select All" at just one click.

Stephen Li wrote:

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Stephen,

Regards,

Daniel

Just noted about that. Thanks for your reminder. But I seem to face similar issue where how to set the default selected items. Can you enlighten me on that?

Hi Stephen 

You'll have to do it in the preparation and reset filter action.

If you have a list like a,b,c,d,e,f and you want to select vogals by default set the selection parameter 0,4 in the preparation and reset action.

Hope it helps