Responsive Theme and Cached pages

Hi All:

I have a London Theme Web App and I'd love to cache all of my pages to speed things up. However, when I do so, my mobile viewports seem to be off. My pages will render as desktop on mobile when cached but renders correctly when not cached. Is there a way to fix this? 

Julius

Some questions:

• What version of the OutSystems Platform, Service Studio, and SilkUI are you using?
  • Where are you caching? Are you using the screen-level property to set the cache duration?
    • If you're caching at the screen level, have you looked into caching the Aggregate(s) instead?
  • What does "speed things up" mean in this app? How fast/slow are the pages without caching?
  • Have you investigated what might be causing any slowness you are encountering?

Caching can be helpful, but there are tradeoffs for UI caching.

I don't have an instance with SilkUI handy to test the London theme, but I am able to cache a screen with an OS11 web app using OutSystems UI, and still get responsive behavior.

G. Andrew Duthie wrote:

Some questions:

• What version of the OutSystems Platform, Service Studio, and SilkUI are you using?
  • Where are you caching? Are you using the screen-level property to set the cache duration?
    • If you're caching at the screen level, have you looked into caching the Aggregate(s) instead?
  • What does "speed things up" mean in this app? How fast/slow are the pages without caching?
  • Have you investigated what might be causing any slowness you are encountering?

Caching can be helpful, but there are tradeoffs for UI caching.

I don't have an instance with SilkUI handy to test the London theme, but I am able to cache a screen with an OS11 web app using OutSystems UI, and still get responsive behavior.

Thanks for responding. I have a community edition license using Outsystems Platform version 8. I'm hosting in  virtual cloud space (Windows R2). I'm using the screen level cache property to attempt to speed up my page loading. I've already cached the webblock components. The london theme suits my needs but as soon as I cache any page, the mobile renders like the desktop. I would love to know if there is a way to solve this.

Julius

Given that you're on a version that is 3 major versions out of date and no longer supported, I would recommend that you consider updating your application to a newer version of the platform. You can get a free personal edition at https://www.outsystems.com/home/GetStartedForFree.aspx, with some limitations.

Given that OutSystems 8 is at least 5 years old at this point, it's very unlikely that anyone here will be able to help you troubleshoot. And if it's a bug in the platform, you're pretty much out of luck, again because version 8 is no longer supported.