Hi,

I am working on a Web application that allows users to create an account using an email address and a password. Below is the action flow for the register button. 

The action flow grants the "Manager Role" checks that the username is not used before, encrypts the password, creates the user using User_Create, grants "Employee Role" and the revokes "Manager Role" and gives a feedback message of success to the user. 

The user is then added to the user table with its encrypted password

However when I go to use this users email and password to login, I get an error saying that the username or password is incorrect.

Also if I look at myEnviroment/Users, the user has been added and has the correct roles granted to them.

Has any one add this issue before, am I missing a step in the user creation??

Many Thanks

Peter

What is the user provider you are using for the module you are trying to login at?

It might be that this is set to the (current espace) rather than the Users provider.

Joey Moree wrote:

What is the user provider you are using for the module you are trying to login at?

It might be that this is set to the (current espace) rather than the Users provider.

User Provider module is set to Users, in both the module application and module core

Hello Peter, are you removing the salt when logging in?

Edit: I mean, when validating the plain text password, you need to compare it to the encrypted password somehow. What are you using for that? 

Best Regards