Changing site properties on Service Center

Hello,

When I change the value of a site property in Service Center, the page does not always take that value, keeping the previous one.

What could be the problem?

Thanks

Filipa

Hi Filipa,

you can change the value of site properties in Service Center. If fact it is design to do it (aside from other functionalities).

Can you elaborate on the problem? What version o OS are you running? Is it a single espace application or do you have consumers using that site property?

Regards

António

Do the values eventually update?  Because if I allow my user the ability to change their tenant name, it can take a number of hours for the value to appear.  I wonder if it's something like that?

Hi @Filipa

What is your use case?

1. Site Properties are cached in all front end environments. When you change a Site Property it gets invalidated in all consumers. But sometimes there are problems propagating these changes to all the environments;

2. Also bear in mind that cache invalidation is an operation with poor performance;

3. Site Properties should be seen as settings/configurations and not as a mean to control state in your apps;

Hello all,

Thanks for the replies.

I'm running the version 11.

I'm using that site property for a single espace. I'm not sure, if it eventually updates, I didn't wait long enough. I want the change to be immediate.

I have this site property applied to an "if" which, depending on its value, shows different things on the screen. 

I wanted to have an easier way to implement a "application temporarily offline" screen and prevent end users from signing in. In this way, it would be enough to change the site property instead of using the option of "disable espace" in the service center, which forces to publish it and the customization of the app_offline page that, in a cloud environment, I still don't understand how it is possible.

Thanks again,

Filipa

Solution

Hi Filipa,

I suppose this change to the site property is not to be used frequently because every time you change the property an invalidate Cache command need to be issued.

In your use case I would not use Site Properties, as they are design to be Configuration Items and not to control flows inside the application. Nevertheless it should work, please look and the errors inside Service Center to spot potential problems.

You mention the change is not always effective, but its just a question of time? If you wait long enough the value changes? 

Regards

AB

Solution

I added the EspaceInvalidateCache action and now works everytime. 

Thanks @Antonio and @João Heleno. 

@Filipa

So now you change the Site Property in Service Center and issue an ESpaceInvalidateCache() in a module of yours? Your probably triggering invalidation two times in a row...

Hi Filipa,

@João is right. If it only works after you explicit do invalidate cache there might be something wrong with your infrastructure. Is it Cloud or onpremises? 

Antonio Braz wrote:

Hi Filipa,

@João is right. If it only works after you explicit do invalidate cache there might be something wrong with your infrastructure. Is it Cloud or onpremises? 

Cloud

You should open a case with Outsystems and explain your case. Do you know how to do it?

Antonio Braz wrote:

You should open a case with Outsystems and explain your case. Do you know how to do it?

I already did.

I'm waiting for their reply. I'll post any new information here.

Thanks