I want to apply list navigation for which i have to use refresh data and in that i am not getting the data source as i have used an api which is fetching my data. Is is compulsory to get that data into an aggregate?  or is there any other way to refresh data which is fetched from an api?

Hi Avneet,

There is no need to get the data from the aggregate, Bind the response list you are getting from api to the list records widget, refresh the list record widget and list navigation widget OnNotify Action.

Regards,

Koushik

Hi Koushik,

I have tried this also nut i dont think its working. I have applied refresh data in OnNotify action but i am not able to select the data source. Please have a look at the attachment.

Hi Avneet, 

I made changes on the OnNotify action, Just go through it. I am not able to test the changes made because of the broken dependencies. Attaching sample oml file for reference.

Regards,

Koushik

In this i didnt get where to fill the number of rows we want to display in a single page. Do i have to fill that in ajax refresh row number property?

plus i have tried this and its not working. the number of records on a page are the same.  Can you figure out whats wrong?

Koushik Prathi wrote:

Hi Avneet, 

I made changes on the OnNotify action, Just go through it. I am not able to test the changes made because of the broken dependencies. Attaching sample oml file for reference.

Regards,

Koushik

In this i didnt get where to fill the number of rows we want to display in a single page. Do i have to fill that in ajax refresh row number property?

Solution

Set the start index property of the list record widget to 

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

List_Navigation_GetStartIndex(SuuchiRecords.Id,RememberStartIndex:,StartIndexOverride:)

And OnNotify Action use the logic which is written in the sample oml, then it will work. for your reference i am attaching sample oml.

Solution

Thanks a lot koushik. It worked but the problem i am facing is that when i switch between pages and go to next page the css which i have applied is not coming out as expected. Switching of pages is removing the css when going from 1st page to 2nd page. Also when i am refreshing current page it is going back to page 1 instead of staying on page 2.

Hi Avneet,

Its good to hear, the issue got resolved. For the css query try to create a sample application which reproduces same issue then we can look into it.

Regards,

Koushik

Hi koushik,

We will solve it. Can you tell me where did you learn all these things in outsystems. Are the documentations enough? or you took some lessons? I am new on this tech and i want to learn and i face a lot of problems. Half of my time is wasted in searching for solutions.

Hi Avneet,

I have learnt the tutorials available on the outsystems courses tab, and also get some hands on experience on outsystems. Every thing will takes time.If you are facing any issues while learning please feel free to contact through private message, i will try to help you out. All the best .

Regards,

Koushik

Hi koushik,

Sorry for late reply and thanks a lot for your help. Will message you if i will face any issue.

Koushik Prathi wrote:

Hi Avneet,

I have learnt the tutorials available on the outsystems courses tab, and also get some hands on experience on outsystems. Every thing will takes time.If you are facing any issues while learning please feel free to contact through private message, i will try to help you out. All the best .

Regards,

Koushik

here is the oml file.