Hello i want to make the users of my app be able to append data to the database  .

Everyday they update their status but everything keeps recorded in the database .

when they finish their work they fill the spaces to what they did the date hours etc ...

But in the next day  they do it again and i cant keep what they did already and put more date in the data base cause it update and dont keep the previous data 

I want to append to my list anyone knows how to do it 

(Sry for my bad english ,Portuguese support would be better ) Cheers 

Hi,

Use the below structure.

- Create another table to store the TimeSheet Hours & add the UserID in it as a FK.

Everytime you add record , Add in the Green Table

Hi David, 

If you are using an aggregate to fetch data from the database and using the List.Current (from the Aggregate) as source to a form, if you don't use a filter to select a specific ID, it will fetch everything and after you save the first record, it will always update it.

So, if you need to create a new record daily, one option is to have one attribute that is the date of the record. In your aggregate, you can filter by this attribute (comparing with the CurrDate()), and if there is no records yet, it will create one. If there is, it will update it.

Another possibility isto use a Local Variable (record type of your entity) as the source to the form, that will always be empty when you enter the page, so every time a new record will be create, instead of make an update.

Of course, there are other options. Everything depends on how is working your navigation in the app, what you want the user to be able to do (edit the record, not edit, see previous records, etc).

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Another possibility isto use a Local Variable (record type of your entity) as the source to the form, that will always be empty when you enter the page, so every time a new record will be create, instead of make an update.

This ? a list with all fields  . 

And in the inputs i say to save in the List ??

And then i create them in my list ? 

Cheers

If you are using List.Current as source for a Form, you probably just need a record, not a list. 

Cheers