[Data Grid] How to set localization data to Data Grid's UI

Forge Component
(25)
Published on 31 Jul (3 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D
25 votes
Published on 31 Jul (3 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D

Hello,

Is there a way to add a localization data to Data Grid?

Current Data Grid's filter UI.

Same part from Wijmo's Japanese demo site. (I want)
https://demo.grapecity.com/wijmo/demos/Grid/FilteringSearching/Excel-likeFilter/Overview/purejs

Sincerely,
Moriya Takasi

Solution

Hi Takasi,

Essentially, you have to load a JS file with the specific culture that you want into the pages where you use the extension:

And this will override your Wijmo language:

If your culture isn't included in the Outsystems distribution, you can get it from the Wijmo website. There's documentation on the whole process here:

https://www.grapecity.com/wijmo/docs/GettingStarted/Globalization

Solution

Hello Afonso,

Thank you for answering.
I have gotten Japanese UI.

The procedure I did:

1. Downloaded and picked-up wijmo.culture.ja.js file via npm command. I couldn't find this file in OutSystems' distribution.
  2. Added the wijmo.culture.ja.js to Resource section of my module. And set Deploy Action property to Deploy to Target Directory.
  3. Added the dependency to HTTPRequestHandler > AddJavaScriptTag.
  4. Finally, added AddJavaScriptTag with following paremeter to Preparation action of my screen which has Grid Container widget.
    GetOwnerURLPath() + "wijmo.culture.ja.js"

Thank you very much.

@Takasi: Great addition to the post, helped me get my language to work...however..it seems not everything is being translated:

Is this the same at your end?

Cheers,

Toine

Hello Toine, 

Is this the same at your end?

Yes, it is. Also on my site, things other than the filter UI are not translated into Japanese (red frame in the screenshot below).

I don't know the way to translate them.

Hi Takasi and Toine,

I looked into this and I believe that this is the "placeholder" property of Wijmo (see the example here - exact same message). I've looked into the OutSystems wrapper and I can't find a way to access this property. I tried the AdvancedOptions input of the Grid object, but "placeholder" isn't recognized as a property. I believe that this is the same case for the pagination.

Maybe someone from OutSystems R&D can assist with this one.