[PDF HELPER] Temp_path

Forge Component
(3)
Published on 12 Nov (4 weeks ago) by Mauro Caiado
3 votes
Published on 12 Nov (4 weeks ago) by Mauro Caiado

Hi, there's "Temp_Path" parameter in the "add watermark" action. As we are running on cloud, what's your recommendation of how to set this temp_path?

HI Jorey,

I will check and let you know as soon as possible.

Regards,

PJ

Any update on this?

Hi Tiago,

Apologies for the delay response , last few weeks i was back to back busy with some high priority things . I will try to see this tonight and will update you accordingly.

However i also accepted your request to join the component and you can propose any changes if you feel so.

Regards,

-PJ-

Solution

Hi Pramod.

I believe this question is still open, what value should we put on the input parameter Temp_Path?

However, I've created a new action to generate the file on the compiler memory and get it to work. I believe it's difficult to get the path on the personal environments since everything is blocked by OutSystems on the Write Permissions. We've worked an workaround putting the file in memory and get it to work, I've updated the component.

Thank you!

Solution

Hi Tiago,

One option i see is add the file to your resources deploy it to some target directory and the pass the file like 

Path_GetApplicationDirectory()+"/TestPDFHelper/MyTest/abc.pdf" where Path_GetApplicationDirectory() will return you the physical location and the other part is the directory and file location. Ideally it should work.

TestPDFHelper is the espace name MyTest is the directory where you deploy the file and than the file name.

Could you please give this also a try so that we can add this in component as well.

Regards,

-PJ-

I think i mixed two things here , this is basically to read the file that you deployed to the target directory by adding it to resource and than access it .

I am checking if we can write the file there or not , i think we can do it as HtmltoPDF component also generate the file in temp location and than read it from there to return the pdf binary.

Regards,

-PJ-