Hey guys,

I am using a popup to mass update a field in a table. 

I want, when opening the popup, based on a certain condition, to display an error message and then close the popup.

I have managed to raise an exception and close the popup, but the user can't see it before the closing of the popup.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

Marios

IS the message a feedback? or a text you put on the screen? 

If it is a feed back then it is possible i did this a month ago. Just use popup close first and then the feedback message

Cheers

Hey there Carlos,

In the preparation action of the Popup Editor, I use a Popup_Editor_Close, then a Popup_Editor_Notify and then a Feedback_Message. But, it doesn't seem to work. Where should I put the Feedback Message in order to show it in the main list?

Thanks!

Marios 

Solution

Marios Tofarides wrote:

Hey there Carlos,

In the preparation action of the Popup Editor, I use a Popup_Editor_Close, then a Popup_Editor_Notify and then a Feedback_Message. But, it doesn't seem to work. Where should I put the Feedback Message in order to show it in the main list?

Thanks!

Marios 

well here i have a working snippet i am using in my application

I dont think it makes any difference if you place it before or after. i have both examples in my code and both work

Solution

Hi Marios,

The Popup_Editor_Notify should be before the Popup_Editor_Close in the flow, or it won't be executed correctly (your OnNotify action in the parent screen will not be executed).

Cheers.

Carlos Gonçalves wrote:

I dont think it makes any difference if you place it before or after. i have both examples in my code and both work

The Feedback message should work on any position, but I saw already this not working on any position when called from popup...

But as far as I can remember, the Notify has to come before the close.

Cheers.

OK, guys, 

Issue fixed. Thanks for all your suggestions :)

Marios