I am making an SAP direct connect call in my application. I have been able to get data back from the SAP call, and then I display it in a table on a web screen, as seen below. Notice that there is a Plant column in the table.

I am creating a filter functionality within my application. As seen above, I have a dropdown menu where it says "All Plants", and that dropdown menu contains a list of plants. When the user clicks "Ok", I want to display only the data that satisfies the plant condition. 

Since this data is coming from an SAP RFC call and not from a local entity, I am unsure how to implement this filter functionality.

Thanks,

Andrew Joshua Loria

Andrew Joshua Loria wrote:

I am making an SAP direct connect call in my application. I have been able to get data back from the SAP call, and then I display it in a table on a web screen, as seen below. Notice that there is a Plant column in the table.

I am creating a filter functionality within my application. As seen above, I have a dropdown menu where it says "All Plants", and that dropdown menu contains a list of plants. When the user clicks "Ok", I want to display only the data that satisfies the plant condition. 

Since this data is coming from an SAP RFC call and not from a local entity, I am unsure how to implement this filter functionality.

Thanks,

Andrew Joshua Loria

Hi, Andrew. 

One possibility is to create an entity in your application (containing the same attributes as the return structure of the RFC) to store the data returned in this entity and work only on that entity created internally. This way, you will have the same functionality as an aggregate allows, as well as can perform fills, sorting etc.
You can also create a timer with a Schedule to feed this data as needed.

Maykon Nogueira wrote:

Andrew Joshua Loria wrote:

Thanks,

Andrew Joshua Loria

Hi, Andrew. 

One possibility is to create an entity in your application (containing the same attributes as the return structure of the RFC) to store the data returned in this entity and work only on that entity created internally. This way, you will have the same functionality as an aggregate allows, as well as can perform fills, sorting etc.
You can also create a timer with a Schedule to feed this data as needed.

Hi Maykon, 

Is there a way to assign the SAP entity to the local entity that I create? When I drag the "assign" widget to the preparation, I can't find an option to assign the SAP entity to the local entity.