Hello Folks,

Requirements :

I having a functionality like i tried to create new item in Popup screen.When user clicks on Add Item , New item is created and perallaly i closed the popup screen and want to display feedback message as 'Item created successfully!'

Issue :

Feedback message is not displaying once item is created and popup is closed.

Hi Viru,

I think at the end of the save action inside the popup you set the destination to some page instead of end. Because of that you are not able to see the feedback message.

Attaching sample file for reference .

Regards,

Koushik

Hi Koushik Prathi,

I did the same thing as you explained above but as i am using Outsystem 10 environment, its not working.

I have also tested your OML as you given for a reference and its working fine and same thing i did in my outsystem 10 environment,its not working.

Thanks,

Viru

Can you send sample oml which reproduces same issue. I can look into it

Viru 7 wrote:

Hello Folks,

Requirements :

I having a functionality like i tried to create new item in Popup screen.When user clicks on Add Item , New item is created and perallaly i closed the popup screen and want to display feedback message as 'Item created successfully!'

Issue :

Hi Viru,

When you save the record you can call Popup_Editor_Notify then Popup_Editor_Close in your save action. Popup_Editor_Notify will run OnNotify action on your parent page. You can put Feedback_Message action in your OnNotify action.

Could you try, please?

With best regards,
F.Karatay

Hello Viru, 

Can you check if things? 

1. It you save an item, and after you close the pop-up you navigate to a different page, does the feedback message appear? 

2. There is any erro in Javascript, either in the pop-up or in the screen from where you call the pop-up? This could prevent the feedback from appear. You can see this in the console of the inspect. 

Cheers 

Ferhat Karatay wrote:

Viru 7 wrote:

Hello Folks,

Requirements :

Issue :

Hi Viru,

When you save the record you can call Popup_Editor_Notify then Popup_Editor_Close in your save action. Popup_Editor_Notify will run OnNotify action on your parent page. You can put Feedback_Message action in your OnNotify action.

Could you try, please?

With best regards,
F.Karatay

Hi F.Karatay,

Thanks for your reply but i had already tried this thing before i posted this query.Its not working :(

Regards,

Viru

Hi Eduardo Jauch,

Thanks For your reply.

There is no error message shown in console as i have checked in browser.

Regards,

Viru

Hi, could you provide a very simple module where you can reproduce this error?

Viru 7 wrote:

Ferhat Karatay wrote:

Viru 7 wrote:

Hello Folks,

Requirements :

Issue :

Hi Viru,

Could you try, please?

With best regards,
F.Karatay

Hi F.Karatay,

Thanks for your reply but i had already tried this thing before i posted this query.Its not working :(

Regards,

Viru

Hi Viru,

Sorry to hear that. It's strange.
Did you try to debug your code? Any errors?

I think it's good you share your OML if possible.

With best regards,
F.Karatay

Hello,

This logic is written on the action of AddItem Button which is in popup.

Below Logic is written in OnNotify Action from where popup is opened.So when popup is closed below logic is executed.

I already tried all the suggestion which you all posted but this issue is not work in Outsystems 10.

Regards ,

Viru

Hello Viru, 

Please, do the following changes to your Save Action, changing the order of the elements in the flow. The sequence should be:

1. FeedbackMessage

2. Pop-up Notify

3. Pop-up Close

If I remember well, the notify will fail if it comes after the close. 

Also, inside the pop-up you should not use destinations, as you have in the exception handler. 

The feedback message in the OnNotify should not be necessary (or remove the one in the Save action). 

Cheers