Issue with Lesson 6.2x Logic and Code Reusability Exercise Instructions

The issue I have run into is with the lesson 6.2x Logic and Code Reusability Exercise from your self paced training using the 6.2x-Logic and Code Reusability Exercise.pdf instructions.

I have attached a screenshot of the issue where the Id attribute of the UpdateToDo Run Server Action is created and requires an expression. This is inconsistent with the CreateToDo Run Server Action which states: "Notice that the Id does not appear in the list of attributes. The reason for that is that since we are using the Create Action, and the Id is Auto-Number, the Action will automatically create an unique Id for the Record." in step d) on page 7 of the attached documentation. Also notice that the screenshot in the documentation on page 10 in step c) shows the CreateToDo Run Server Action when it should actually be a view of the UpdateToDo Run Server Action.

Attached screenshot.

6.2x-Logic and Code Reusability Exercise.pdf guide I'm using is attached.

Hi Cory,

Don't fully understand your issue... is the problem that on the screenshot UpdateToDo is the one highlighted?

I opened the PDF you say you're using, and on page 7 the CreateToDo action is being used... which does not have a ToDoId input parameter as stated (Id will be automatically assigned when we create a new record). The UpdateToDo action does require the ToDoId, as we need to identify what record we are updating.

On page 10 there seems to be a bug indeed, as one of the screenshots shows the CreateToDo Action when it should be the UpdateToDo.

For the UpdateToDo Run Server Action I'm getting a request to input an expression for the Id attribute but I don't see anything on page 10 on what to use as a valid expression. Let me know if you want to jump on a Zoom Meeting to screen share, as explaining these types of complexities with e-mail and screenshots is often difficult to effectively communicate.

Solution

I just assigned the Id field ToDoId and it was accepted as valid. This wasn't in the instructions but will this work? See the attached screenshot.

Solution

Justin Babel from OutSystems confirmed that assigning the ToDoID value to the Id attribute is a viable solution.*** Please update page 10 of the 6.2x-Logic and Code Reusability Exercise.pdf training documentation as assigning the ToDoID value to the Id attribute is not called out or intuitive like it is for the other attributes assigned values. Also as previously mentioned, the screenshot on page 10 is incorrect.