[IdP] multiple active user sessions

Forge Component
(37)
Published on 4 Aug by Telmo Martins
37 votes
Published on 4 Aug by Telmo Martins

We are using IdP with Azure AD on our mobile app.

Each time the app opens, a new user session is created even if the user still has an active session.

Because of this behavior the callback actions on mobile are not working correctly.

If a user logs in and out without closing the app, the logout on IdP and callback functions are working.
But the moment the user closes the app and re-opens it, a new session is created. When the user logs out the last session is deactivated and the callback action on mobile doesn't work. The other active sessions of this user are still active in IdP.

How can we stop the creation of multiple user sessions in IdP?

Hi Christopher,

Did you already set RememberLogin to True? With this option activated the user will be logged in even when he/she closes the app, ie, the OutSystems mobile app behavior regarding keep the user logged in will be the standard.

Telmo Martins wrote:

Hi Christopher,

Did you already set RememberLogin to True? With this option activated the user will be logged in even when he/she closes the app, ie, the OutSystems mobile app behavior regarding keep the user logged in will be the standard.

Hi Telmo,

The RememberLogin was already set to True.

We are using the system browser for the login and logout requests. Can it be that the login isn't processed the same as with the InAppBrowser?

I tried the same demo as in your post. When I use the InAppBrowser, I can close and open the app and I'm still logged in. But with the system browser I've to login every time I open the app.

Telmo Martins wrote:

Hi Christopher,

Hi Telmo,

I had forgot to set the RememberLogin parameter on the LoginCallback_SystemBrowser block to True.

After setting this parameter to true, The OutSystems mobile app behavior was keeping the user logged in.

Thanks for the assistance