doubts about theme standardization - Silk UI or OutSystems UI

It seems I am losing some components when I migrate from Silk UI to Outsystems UI.  The select2 and button drop down from Silk UI, for example, are not available on Outsystems UI. I think I can add them on the new template but I should redo my work when a new release appear.  What is the OS approach to these 2 "worlds" ? OS will integrate both, deprecate Silk UI ?  What would be the best practice for us developers ?

Hi Luciano,

You have a "select2" in OutSystems UI. It is called DropDown Select.
Regarding Button Drop Down, I "think" is is the "DropDown" widget in Outsystems UI (not sure).

And you will have, most likely, a lot of problems trying to make SilkUi components to work in OutSystems UI...
You will have not only to clone them (don't use directly from the SilkUI), and adapt for the classes and JavaScript (eventually) used by OutSystems Ui...

If you are moving to OutSystems Ui, better to keep with the available widgets.

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Luciano,

You have a "select2" in OutSystems UI. It is called DropDown Select.
Regarding Button Drop Down, I "think" is is the "DropDown" widget in Outsystems UI (not sure).

And you will have, most likely, a lot of problems trying to make SilkUi components to work in OutSystems UI...
You will have not only to clone them (don't use directly from the SilkUI), and adapt for the classes and JavaScript (eventually) used by OutSystems Ui...

If you are moving to OutSystems Ui, better to keep with the available widgets.

Cheers.

Hi Eduardo,

thank for your answer.  I tried to find the dropdown widget and I didn't find.  However, my questions was about the future of Silk UI and OS UI too.  Do you believe Silk UI will die ?

Solution

Hi Luciano, 

Well, the moment OutsystemsUi appeared, SilkUI died. 

You can use it yet, but for new projects or long maintenance applications, you should consider migrate to OutSystems Ui. 

Cheers

Solution

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Luciano, 

Well, the moment OutsystemsUi appeared, SilkUI died. 

You can use it yet, but for new projects or long maintenance applications, you should consider migrate to OutSystems Ui. 

Cheers

Thank you Eduardo