Is it possible to use the Combo Box widget from with a column in the Data Grid?

I tried utilizing the Grid Column Select, but it seems that I can't bind the options to a Static Entity and pass the identifiers to the Grid row record while displaying the Static Entity Label like I can with a Combo Box in an Editable Table.

Hi Joseph,

Do you have some Images to give me an idea what do you really need to do? 

Regards

PetsTable Records:

IdLabel
1Cat
2Dog
3Fish

Data Grid Records:

IdPetsId

I would like the select list to display all the options from the PetsTable Records as Labels: (Cat, Dog, Fish), and when the user selects one of those options, pass the Id to the PetsID field in the Data Grid Record.

Essentially, the same behavior you can achieve with a Combo Box, but within the context of the Data Grid.

As far as I can tell, the Grid Column Select will only pass through the Label when you select an item from the dropdown.

Hi Joseph,

if understand well, you want to get the value of the dropdown into a grid, so you need to: 

créate a variable who store the id caming from combo, the assign that variable to the record who is going to store the recordsList in the action on change or onclick, save etc. something like 

Refresh the table and the record list, and the results Will be 

Hope this helps,

Regards.

Omar Alejandro Soto Anaya wrote:

Hi Joseph,

if understand well, you want to get the value of the dropdown into a grid, so you need to: 

créate a variable who store the id caming from combo, the assign that variable to the record who is going to store the recordsList in the action on change or onclick, save etc. something like 

Refresh the table and the record list, and the results Will be 

Hope this helps,

Regards.

The Data Grid I'm referring to is a specific component in the Forge: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/5554/data-grid

And the GridColumnSelect is a WebBlock within the Grid.

It's all very specific to the Data Grid component.

Hi Joseph,

You should be able to do it through a REST to return all the static values and use it on the JSONRestURL. you weren't able to do it? did you check the examples? There are multiple that use the select.

If you still have problems post here what you already have so we can help you.

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi Joseph,

You should be able to do it through a REST to return all the static values and use it on the JSONRestURL. you weren't able to do it? did you check the examples? There are multiple that use the select.

If you still have problems post here what you already have so we can help you.

Regards,

Marcelo

Thanks for pointing out the examples. What we figured out is that we were failing to return Structures with our REST API, so we could define the mappings back to our Entities.

Once we defined those Strucures for both our Lookup Table Static Entity and our Source Record and referenced those fields from the Structures in the GridColumnSelect, everything worked!