form input not working on ios inside a popup modal

Hi folks, 

i'm finding an issue on ios mobile with input fields.  The fields work fine outside of a modal/pop, but inside and only on ios, the user can only enter a single character if any, before the field stops accepting more text.  if you keep reselecting the field, and quickly type on hte ios keypad, it'll register the character.  

as far as i can see, the field seems to remain focuses and the keypad stays visible but input stops working. 

If i take the fields out of the modal container the fields work fine / as expected.

has anyone come across this recently?

just incase anyone is experiencing this.  seems like things get pretty buggy when they're buried in multiple layers of web blocks.  

Steve Bramley wrote:

Hi folks, 

i'm finding an issue on ios mobile with input fields.  The fields work fine outside of a modal/pop, but inside and only on ios, the user can only enter a single character if any, before the field stops accepting more text.  if you keep reselecting the field, and quickly type on hte ios keypad, it'll register the character.  

as far as i can see, the field seems to remain focuses and the keypad stays visible but input stops working. 

If i take the fields out of the modal container the fields work fine / as expected.

has anyone come across this recently?

 Hi Steve, did you ever find a fix to this? I'm having the same problem.

 

Eva-Rae McLean wrote:

Steve Bramley wrote:

Hi folks, 

i'm finding an issue on ios mobile with input fields.  The fields work fine outside of a modal/pop, but inside and only on ios, the user can only enter a single character if any, before the field stops accepting more text.  if you keep reselecting the field, and quickly type on hte ios keypad, it'll register the character.  

as far as i can see, the field seems to remain focuses and the keypad stays visible but input stops working. 

If i take the fields out of the modal container the fields work fine / as expected.

has anyone come across this recently?

 Hi Steve, did you ever find a fix to this? I'm having the same problem.

 

 

 Hi Eva, 

So sorry for the late reply.  Yes sort of.  you're not going to be thrilled.  You have to repopulate the model and the form.  I think the issue is the DOM doesn't get rebuilt properly or the new DOM values don't get back to the model once you start placing Ajax, within Ajax calls.  

Its been a while since I've had to fix this one, but from memory, once I receive the notification, or event, I needed to manually push it back into the variable and then assign the variable value to the form value.  I didn't do any thorough investigation for what would be the minimum required effort but this definitely did the trick.

but it's painfully annoying that all of a sudden forms didn't work properly in this sort of situation.  I second-guessed everything I understood and pulled everything apart before I realised it was a bug.

Steve