Error in 'GetDocumentation' method from EspaceMetaModel after upgrade to OS 11

Hi all,

After the upgrade to OS 11, the 'GetDocumentation' method from Extension 'EspaceMetaModel' is throwing an error. See below.

We already tried the following things:

  1. Compile the ESpaceMetaModel
  2. Refresh dependencies and publish OutDoc

Unfortunately it keeps showing the same error.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Kind regards,
Joran van Heyningen


Error Detail
Back to Log
Id:
2eebc836-9d9b-4e8f-b2a0-29c708039523
Time of Log:
11-06-2019 09:10:27
Request Key:710a8fcb-61c9-4767-bb3a-1351ac5c3f03
eSpace:
AOCount
Tenant:
Users
User:
 (181)
Session Id:
qs1uh1qztayrh5mf5dg40t3a
Server:
S5NRC-LT78R0
Module:

Message:


Couldn't find OutSystems.HubEdition.SMS.dll under C:\OutSystems\Sandboxes\RIGRP2002\Platform Server\running\AOCount\: Couldn't find OutSystems.HubEdition.SMS.dll under C:\OutSystems\Sandboxes\RIGRP2002\Platform Server\running\AOCount\    at ServiceStudio.DocSaver.DocSaverUtils.CopyPlatformDll(String sourceDir, String targetDir, String dllFile)
   at OutSystems.RuntimeCommon.CollectionsExtensions.Apply[Type](IEnumerable`1 collection, Action`1 action)
   at ServiceStudio.DocSaver.DocSaverUtils.PrepareDependencies()
   at ServiceStudio.DocSaver.DocSaverUtils.GetDocumentation(Byte[] oml, Boolean countReferers, Boolean addHash, Boolean summary, String& xml, String& errorsXml)


Environment InformationeSpaceVer: 0 (Id=9175, PubId=0, CompiledWith=11.0.212.0)
RequestUrl: https://conclusion.outsystemscloud.com/AOCount/Dashboard.aspx?ServicedAppUnitId=91&(Not.Licensed.For.Production)= (Method: GET)
AppDomain: /LM/W3SVC/5/ROOT/AOCount-21-132047178115290451
FilePath: C:\OutSystems\Sandboxes\RIGRP2002\Platform Server\running\AOCount\Dashboard.aspx
ClientIp: 185.108.224.4
Locale: en-US
DateFormat: dd-MM-yyyy
PID: 648 ('w3wp', Started='6/11/2019 1:05:37 AM', Priv=639Mb, Virt=2115505Mb)
TID: 11
Thread Name:
.NET: 4.0.30319.42000
Stack:
Couldn't find OutSystems.HubEdition.SMS.dll under C:\OutSystems\Sandboxes\RIGRP2002\Platform Server\running\AOCount\: Couldn't find OutSystems.HubEdition.SMS.dll under C:\OutSystems\Sandboxes\RIGRP2002\Platform Server\running\AOCount\    at ServiceStudio.DocSaver.DocSaverUtils.CopyPlatformDll(String sourceDir, String targetDir, String dllFile)
   at OutSystems.RuntimeCommon.CollectionsExtensions.Apply[Type](IEnumerable`1 collection, Action`1 action)
   at ServiceStudio.DocSaver.DocSaverUtils.PrepareDependencies()
   at ServiceStudio.DocSaver.DocSaverUtils.GetDocumentation(Byte[] oml, Boolean countReferers, Boolean addHash, Boolean summary, String& xml, String& errorsXml)
   at ssAOCount.RssExtensionEspaceMetaModel.MssGetDocumentation(HeContext heContext, Byte[] inParamOml, String& outParamXml)
   at ssAOCount.Flows.FlowMainFlow.ScrnDashboard.Preparation(HeContext heContext)
   at ssAOCount.Flows.FlowMainFlow.ScrnDashboard.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)


Joran, do you get this error when using the latest version of OutDoc?

Leonardo,

I thought I did, but now I also updated the C# source code of the Extension 'EspaceMetaModel'.

After this update it does not show an error anymore, but the method 'GetDocumentation' now returns an empty XML.

I'll continue investigating, but any suggestions are welcome.

Solution

OutDoc version 3.0.1 introduced a change in some DLLs, and mentions that version 3.0.1 is the minimum required for Platform Server versions above 11.0.129.0. You might be using a version older than that...

Please download that version (or a newer version) from forge and install on your environment. After that, publish whatever application is using the EspaceMetaModel.

Do not open EspaceMetaModel in Integration Studio, since it doesn't have source code and if you try to publish it from Integration Studio there's a high chance that it will generate empty source code before publishing - which I believe is what happened to you.

Solution

Thanks Leonardo!
I just deleted OutDoc and reinstalled the newest version again.

The 'GetDocumentation' method now seems to work again.