How to export outsystem to aspx source code for manual deploy on customer iis server

How to export outsystem to aspx source code for manual deploy on customer iis server

(customer have own production server and don't want to buy outsystem license)

Hi Somjet rat,

If you are developing application in an Enterprise server, you can DETACH the code. This can't be done in a personal environment. After detached, you will have the application ready to run without OutSystems. 

So, if you are using a Personal environment (Free) and plan to move your application to a better server, you can't.

Regards,

Koushik

Solution

Hi, Somjet.

As Koushik explained, if you are using an enterprise environment for development, the only way to install the application on an IIS server without OutSystems license is through the process known as DETACH.

And as he already explained, it is not possible to execute this process on a Personal environment.

But there is a missing piece of information that is very important.

Once you detach the application, it is not possible to use OutSystems to develop it anymore. There is no "coming back". After the detach, any change to the application will have to be done directly into the ASP code generated.

So, any detach must be thought very carefully.

Cheers.

Solution

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi, Somjet.

As Koushik explained, if you are using an enterprise environment for development, the only way to install the application on an IIS server without OutSystems license is through the process known as DETACH.

And as he already explained, it is not possible to execute this process on a Personal environment.

But there is a missing piece of information that is very important.

Once you detach the application, it is not possible to use OutSystems to develop it anymore. There is no "coming back". After the detach, any change to the application will have to be done directly into the ASP code generated.

So, any detach must be thought very carefully.

Cheers.

My company develop web application1 for first customer company (use on promise server).
And My company develop web application2 for second customer company (use on promise server).

How to purchase license

- My company purchase 1 license (dev + test)
- first customer company purchase 1 license (first company on promise server (production))
- second customer company purchase 1 license (second company on promise server (production))

all 3 licenses yes or no?

Hi Somjet,

https://www.outsystems.com/pricing-and-editions/

I would say the best approach here is to talk directly to OutSystems.

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Somjet,

https://www.outsystems.com/pricing-and-editions/

I would say the best approach here is to talk directly to OutSystems.

Cheers.

After Contact

Must purchase Other edition (not free/enterprise/universal)