Hi there,

We have some trouble upgrading the lifetime environment. Currently we're running on lifetimeplatformserver 11 (Januari.2019). We want to upgrade to the most recent version (May.2019). However, after trying to install we get the following error:

In contrast to the above, we have an dedicated environment for Lifetime. Any ideas?

Bas van den Bogaard wrote:

Hi there,

We have some trouble upgrading the lifetime environment. Currently we're running on lifetimeplatformserver 11 (Januari.2019). We want to upgrade to the most recent version (May.2019). However, after trying to install we get the following error:

In contrast to the above, we have an dedicated environment for Lifetime. Any ideas?

Hi Bas,

It's really strange because you already have LifeTime 11 and you confirm that you have a dedicated server.
I made several installations and upgrades for OutSystems but It never happened for me.

I can suggest the following steps but I'm not really sure they can solve your issue.

1. Could you check official system requirements document maybe you have a missing component?
https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Setting_Up_OutSystems/OutSystems_system_requirements

2. Did you check the installation checklist? (When you run the setup it opens automatically)

3. Have you ever try run setup as Administrator user?

4. Meanwhile, I suggest contacting OutSystems support.

Hope it helps.

With best regards,
F.Karatay

Hi Ferhat,

Thanks for the quick response. 

1. Could you check official system requirements document maybe you have a missing component?

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Setting_Up_OutSystems/OutSystems_system_requirements

The server meets all the system requirements

2. Did you check the installation checklist? (When you run the setup it opens automatically)

Yes, the first step is to install the LifeTimeWithPlatformServer-M.m.b.r.exe. 

3. Have you ever try run setup as Administrator user?

Yes

4. Meanwhile, I suggest contacting OutSystems support.

Thanks, I will. 

Solution

I turns out this is a known issue: the defect ID is RPD-3694.

You can fix this by temporary granting the (admin)user who's is running the installer admin privileges on the OSLifetime database. The installer can then check the database if there is a dedicated environment. 

Solution