No Environment with provided Slot Id found

I'm always seeing this error message, but what does it mean?

I mean, it's only mildly annoying, since it doesn't prevent anything from working, but given that and the fact that there's really nothing to fix so it stops showing, why show it in the first place?

Carlos Ribeiro da Fonseca wrote:

I'm always seeing this error message, but what does it mean?

I mean, it's only mildly annoying, since it doesn't prevent anything from working, but given that and the fact that there's really nothing to fix so it stops showing, why show it in the first place?

Hi Carlos,

When does that error happen? I think it's not the case but I'd like to ask are you trying to access to the lifetime with a bookmark? Maybe you're passing a wrong query string parameter? Have you ever check LifeTime service center logs? Is there any error log about that? If you share the scenario I also can try to get the same error on my environment.

Which Lifetime version do you have?
On-premise installation or cloud?

I think you need to create a ticket to OutSystems support.

With best regards,
F.Karatay

That's the thing, I have no idea.

This error just pops up out of nowhere, seemingly at random. The way to get this error is to simply open LifeTime, let it sit there in a tab while you do something else, and then, and I have no idea why, how, or when it happens, then sometimes the error message will be there when I open the tab with LifeTime.

Thus my question, what's the point of showing the error message? It's meaningless to me, I have no idea what environment or what slot it it's talking about, I have no idea what causes, I have no idea when it pops up, and I have no idea what to do to prevent the error from happening.

So why tell me about it?

My point is: by all means log the error if you think it's important, but don't tell me about it if I don't know what the error means, and can't do anything about it.

Hi Carlos,

First of all, thanks for your feedback.

You are right, that error shouldn't be making its way to the user, as it's not related to any action the user requested.

However, since this is a product defect, these forums aren't the best place to report it. Next time you run into an issue that looks like a product defect, like this one, please submit feedback using the balloon icon on the far right of the page header ->

Since you already went through some trouble with this post I didn't want to add to that, so I already logged the issue in our database.

Thanks again for taking the time to call this out, and remember to use the feedback balloon next time :)

Cheers,

Daniel

Carlos Ribeiro da Fonseca wrote:

That's the thing, I have no idea.

This error just pops up out of nowhere, seemingly at random. The way to get this error is to simply open LifeTime, let it sit there in a tab while you do something else, and then, and I have no idea why, how, or when it happens, then sometimes the error message will be there when I open the tab with LifeTime.

Thus my question, what's the point of showing the error message? It's meaningless to me, I have no idea what environment or what slot it it's talking about, I have no idea what causes, I have no idea when it pops up, and I have no idea what to do to prevent the error from happening.

So why tell me about it?

My point is: by all means log the error if you think it's important, but don't tell me about it if I don't know what the error means, and can't do anything about it.