Hi, I'm making multiple chart like :

My result :

The problem is:  

1. I don't know how to filter chart in outsystem

2. How to make X axis, Jan until Dec? 

Thanks

Hey,

Seeing your chart, and assuming you're using those ListAppends to fill out the List that feeds it, it looks like you're inserting repeated records into the List.

If you want to show a single sequence from January 2019 to December 2019 you need to make sure you're grouping by Month in your query (and filtering by 2019).

Filtering a Chart in Outsystems is just like filtering any other element in your interface: you don't act on the element itself, but on the source data. So you'd add more or less filters to wherever you're obtaining data from (hopefully from your database), and then you refresh the Chart to get it to load your filtered data.

Afonso Carvalho wrote:

Hey,

Seeing your chart, and assuming you're using those ListAppends to fill out the List that feeds it, it looks like you're inserting repeated records into the List.

If you want to show a single sequence from January 2019 to December 2019 you need to make sure you're grouping by Month in your query (and filtering by 2019).

Filtering a Chart in Outsystems is just like filtering any other element in your interface: you don't act on the element itself, but on the source data. So you'd add more or less filters to wherever you're obtaining data from (hopefully from your database), and then you refresh the Chart to get it to load your filtered data.

Hi Afonso,

I already make group by Month and group by year in aggregate

Is it possible to make chart without sql query?

You don't necessarily need an SQL query, you just need a DataPoint List. That List can be built however you want, but it's tipically a query that feeds it.

Can you show the joins and filters inside your aggregate? If you're already grouping by Month and Year, then could it be that you're not filtering by year? Your picture shows 2019, but it looks like your chart is showing multiple years.

If you can also show what's coming out of your query in debug, that would be great.

Afonso Carvalho wrote:

You don't necessarily need an SQL query, you just need a DataPoint List. That List can be built however you want, but it's tipically a query that feeds it.

Can you show the joins and filters inside your aggregate? If you're already grouping by Month and Year, then could it be that you're not filtering by year? Your picture shows 2019, but it looks like your chart is showing multiple years.

If you can also show what's coming out of your query in debug, that would be great.

this is my latest column chart Afonso, can u give me an example for on change column chart if I choose the combo box? I already make onChange action destination in my column chart. Inside onChange action, I put the refresh data and ajax widget chart but seems like nothing change.

Thanks

I think it's because you're building your List manually in the preparation. Try clearing the DataPoint List with a ListClear action, and then doing those ListAppends again.

Afonso Carvalho wrote:

I think it's because you're building your List manually in the preparation. Try clearing the DataPoint List with a ListClear action, and then doing those ListAppends again.

I've tried clearing the DataPoint List with a ListClear action and doing ListAppends again. But didn't solve my problem. Can you give an example, pls?

Thanks

Anyone can give me an example for multiple column chart with combo box filter, pls?

Thanks

Refreshing chart data with an OnChange is going to be very similar regardless of the Chart type. Check out this example and see if it matches up with what you have implemented.

Afonso Carvalho wrote:

Refreshing chart data with an OnChange is going to be very similar regardless of the Chart type. Check out this example and see if it matches up with what you have implemented.

I've seen your OML, but your chart doesn't display in my browser.

I tried to add data from excel, but the chart still  doesn't display. Only combo box