Hello OutSystems community! 

We are in the process of building a CI pipeline using AzureDevOps. We have integrated with the OutSystems VSTS plugin for deploying Outsystems applications and this is working well for us. My question is, what is the best way to include unit tests that would run against the OutSystems applications as part of the AzureDevOps pipeline release. 

We are also using the OutSystems BDD component inside the Test Framework separately, but it would be nice to be able to run a pipeline release and see unit tests pass/fail against OutSystems components as part of the AzureDevOps CI release.

Many Thanks,
Mark

Hi Mark,

The BDD Framework has an API called testrunner, where you pass Espacename and screenname as parameters to execute BDD tests and get result back as Json. One of the Json parameters will tell you if all tests passed or how many failed. 

You can use that info in your ci/cd pipeline to determine the next step.

Regards.

Daniel

Hi Mark, 

In terms of a high-level solution, two other topics you can also check: 

I know that will appear an evolution of this marketplace component moving it to a python script using the latest LifeTime APIs. If you want to check, try it out, and give us feedback, please DM me. 

Thanks,

João Bento