I have a combobox with various items the it receives from an static entity in the database, what I want to do is to check the current state of the combobox (which item the user selected) and based on that, showing or not showing another combobox and button.

I'm having a hard time doing the logic since I dont know where I can get that "current state variable" or "selected item" something like that.

Hello David,
What you have to do "of course it depend on your logic" are:
Put a server action in On Change -> Destination property of combo box

After that you have to look the value of that variable that you are using in your combo box and compare if that value are what you are expecting, then you will have to refresh the place in your screen.

So this is what I've done.

I've created a local variable for visibility and checked the variable of the combobox to see if it is equal to certain words, if so it would show the next combobox and a button. But it doesnt.

David Oliveira wrote:

So this is what I've done.

I've created a local variable for visibility and checked the variable of the combobox to see if it is equal to certain words, if so it would show the next combobox and a button. But it doesnt.

Hello 

Just to be clear that variable will not save a "word" that is a static entity so it should save its id.

if it is a static entty outsystems allow you to call that static entity using "Entites.Table.Label", this is the same as saying the id of that static entity.

But to make sure put a break point in your if condition that you created and check what value does that variable has while you are debugging.

Solution

Yes the variable is receiving the id number although im quite unsure why it isnt in order of the record entities it is working. Im going to leave some screenshots in case someone else has the same problem.

Solution