How to have password prefiled when you are editing user in user form

Hello Mates,

I have created User Management Module but  I am unable to see  the password field prefilled while editing users. to fill the password i used the  input password widget, with css class input.

Thanks in advance,

Hi Assucena,

Even you can see the password, it must be encrypted. After you created a user, you no longer be able to see the password like you wrote. You must cryptographic that, It's a security practice.

Hi Assucena,

When you create an User Detail page through scaffolding, the password input is not included by default, so you'll have to add it manually and assign to the variable UserForm.Record.User.Password, in case you have a form.

While you creating a User, the field should be empty, but when you're editing one, it should present something like this:

Keep in mind that storing raw passwords, or displaying  them in any given form is a huge security breach. I'd recommend to take a look at Outsystems documentation on this subject if you want to implement your own login pattern or Users Management Process.

Best regards

Fernando Costa wrote:

Hi Assucena,

When you create an User Detail page through scaffolding, the password input is not included by default, so you'll have to add it manually and assign to the variable UserForm.Record.User.Password, in case you have a form.

While you creating a User, the field should be empty, but when you're editing one, it should present something like this:

Keep in mind that storing raw passwords, or displaying  them in any given form is a huge security breach. I'd recommend to take a look at Outsystems documentation on this subject if you want to implement your own login pattern or Users Management Process.

Best regards

Hi Fernando,

I have it filled like this becouse i used a input widget: 

but  i want to bring the password, using the input password widget like this exemple: 

so, when i use the input password widget the password does not appear it's coming empty when I'm in the edit  user form

Best regards

Assucena Tafula wrote:

Fernando Costa wrote:

Hi Assucena,

Best regards

Hi Fernando,

but  i want to bring the password, using the input password widget like this exemple: 

so, when i use the input password widget the password does not appear it's coming empty when I'm in the edit  user form

Best regards

Hello, if you change the  text input for input password that will work. 

Make sure that you are using the same form variable. 

Best regards 

PAULO RICARDO FAGUNDES JUNIOR wrote:

Assucena Tafula wrote:

Fernando Costa wrote:

Hi Assucena,

Best regards

Hi Fernando,

Best regards

Hello, if you change the  text input for input password that will work. 

Make sure that you are using the same form variable. 

Best regards 

Hi Paulo,

I have been tried to use input password, but the password does not appear, its empty. Even the password encrypted does not appear. I'm using the same form variable 

UserForm.Record.User.Password

Best regards 

Hello,
Sorry I hadn't realized one thing.

This password input has a different behavior, so try to put the Extended Property like this.

If(UserForm.Record.User.Password = "","","password") 

If form record is empty, do not put anything, else, you can put any word.. just please do not put the real password.
people with a minimum knowledge about HTML are able to get it.

PAULO RICARDO FAGUNDES JUNIOR wrote:

Hello,
Sorry I hadn't realized one thing.

This password input has a different behavior, so try to put the Extended Property like this.

If form record is empty, do not put anything, else, you can put any word.. just please do not put the real password.
people with a minimum knowledge about HTML are able to get it.

Hello Paulo,

I am having the same issue as Assucena which causes my password to be overwritten with a 'blank value' when updating the User entity if a new password has not been entered.  I tried to put in the Extended Property below as you suggested but it required a Property as well and I do not know what Property to use.

Alternatively is there another solution that can be used that avoids the password being overwritten with a blank value when updating a User ?

Cheers, Richard.