How to upgrade environment to production?

https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Upgrading/Upgrade_OutSystems_Platform_in_OutSystems_Cloud

Hi, i dont understand by "

1. Request OutSystems to begin the upgrade process of your OutSystems Cloud infrastructure;"

And i am unable to change from development to production via service centre. 

Reason why im upgrading is because i dont want my environment to go to sleep, because when it does my app is inaccessible. I assume upgrading will prevent that? 

Hi,

The upgrade mentioned in the article is a description of how an Outsystems user can ask to have their version of the platform upgraded - from say, version 10 to version 11. This is done for Outsystems users with a license hosted on the cloud (versus users with their own onsite installation of the platform).

You mention that you don't want your environment to "go to sleep", which leads me to believe that you have a Personal Environment and not an actual Outsystems license - in any case your best bet will be to contact Outsystems Support and see what your options are.

Afonso Carvalho wrote:

Hi,

The upgrade mentioned in the article is a description of how an Outsystems user can ask to have their version of the platform upgraded - from say, version 10 to version 11. This is done for Outsystems users with a license hosted on the cloud (versus users with their own onsite installation of the platform).

You mention that you don't want your environment to "go to sleep", which leads me to believe that you have a Personal Environment and not an actual Outsystems license - in any case your best bet will be to contact Outsystems Support and see what your options are.

Yes i have a personal environment... Does an actual outsystems license cost anything?

Yes, that is quite expensive. The PE is free, but always in development mode. Once you want to start a production environment, it'll cost you. Keep in mind however that OutSystems targets enterprises, not individual developers, so that makes kinda sense.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Yes, that is quite expensive. The PE is free, but always in development mode. Once you want to start a production environment, it'll cost you. Keep in mind however that OutSystems targets enterprises, not individual developers, so that makes kinda sense.

Oh my... Is there any way to keep the environment from sleeping from an end user position? 

The PE environment will only go to sleep from a lack of use: if you publish there regularly it will remain active.

It'll go to sleep if you (the developer) don't visit it for an extended period of time. However, keep in mind that by agreeing to the license for your PE, you agree to not use it for commercial activities. So I don't know what "end users" you have, but in case you violate your license, your PE may be shut down.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

It'll go to sleep if you (the developer) don't visit it for an extended period of time. However, keep in mind that by agreeing to the license for your PE, you agree to not use it for commercial activities. So I don't know what "end users" you have, but in case you violate your license, your PE may be shut down.

I meant like when im personally using from my mobile device because i dont have access any PCs from where i am... 

Afonso Carvalho wrote:

The PE environment will only go to sleep from a lack of use: if you publish there regularly it will remain active.

Got it!

"OutSystems personal environment (PE) is the free, cloud-based version of OutSystems Platform running on a multi-tenant, shared infrastructure. It allows you to create, deploy, and run your personal applications. It will be available as long we continue develop applications. 

If for any reason the environment is recycled, OutSystems will create a snapshot of the applications you had. It'll be sending an email with instructions on how you can restore your apps in a new environment. Keep in mind that only it takes a snapshot of the applications, not the data, and also, the snapshot will be available for the next 6 months. "

The development, or end users, must use it frequently in order to maintain alive the eSpace. (at list once every 2 weeks); 

If the eSpace is abandoned, the OutSystems take a snapshot kept during 6 months that can be revive of the application but not the Data; 

Regards