Hi,

I have read that have to configure htmltopdf on administradtor, but when I click on the app, it doesn't show any menu.

Thank you.

Hi John,

you need to use the app (Open in Browser from Service Studio or Service Center's App page). The app itself has an Administrator tab.

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi John,

you need to use the app (Open in Browser from Service Studio or Service Center's App page). The app itself has an Administrator tab.

Boa noite Jorge Martins,

Esta:

Queria configurar o componente htmltopdf, e pelo que li, dizem que tenho que configurar. Para tal fazer upload de ficheiros, os que tenho são .exe, nomeadamente : wkhtmltoimage.exe e wkhtmltopdf.exe.
Pode me indicar onde devo feazer esse upload?
Tentei aqui e ele deu me erro:

Obrigado.

John John,

Please use english for your questions as that way your question (and eventual answers) can be understood by more people in the forums.

If you are in Service Center, go to Factory->Applications, and search for "html" and click the "Open in Browser" button for the Html2PdfConverter application.

Alternatively you can just use the URL http://your-environment-server/HtmlToPdfConverter (where your-environment-server is your platform server)

You will be presented with a Login screen, make sure you use a user with Html2PdfAdmin role (the end-user admin should have this role).

Once you successfully logged in, select the Administration tab and follow the instructions you already found (upload those two executable files as the executables for PDF and images)

Hope this helps!

Hi Martins,

Thank you for your answer.
I didn't undersantd the second part, about the user role. The login window the appear me, I should login with which user?
Have I to create that role, or it is created automaticaly when install the componente from forge?

John John,

You should be able to login with the standard admin user, the one that can manage users in the Users app (it used to be the 'admin' user on Enterprise environments - now I believe it can be configured, and it's your default user on a PE).

This is a simplification, as that user will be assigned all the roles. In reality, you can login with any user created on the Users app that has the role Html2PdfAdmin will be considered an admin of the Html2PdfConverter app. The role is created when you install the Html2PdfConverter application, but you would need to go to the Users app and assign that role to a user.

Martins,

Ok
When they say to install the adequate .exe file for the OS, if I open my web application on an tablet which is Android or iOs, mean that I will not be able to dowload the pdf?
Thank you.

No, it just means you have to install the Windows version of wkhtmltopdf and be careful to choose 32-bit or 64-bit version depending on what Windows version your platform server is running on (assuming you're on OutSystems 11).

Martins,

Ok
How can I know the version of server?
The htmltopdf do not print credencial pages! Only anonymous. So i?m not able to have pdf.
Is there any way to create pdf from 0, by logic and then download. Like in java, you .jar and by code you can build the pdf with the database information.
Thank you.

John John,

Html2PdfConverter can only generate PDFs from anonymous screens (mentioned also in the FAQ). You have other strategies to guarantee some degree of security (like the one described here by the creator of this component).

Instead of Html2PdfConverter, you may also want to consider using Ultimate PDF (it uses a more modern HTML renderer, so results would tend to be closer to what you see in your browser), depending on your specific scenario, you may be able to use to generate PDFs of non-anonymous screens (check this post for more info). In any case the security token approach described by both component authors should work.

Hope this helps!

Martins,

Thank you for your advise and knowlage sharing.