Introducing OutSystems User Groups - Join us!

Recife, Brazil

I’m excited to announce our official kick-off of OutSystems User Groups (referred to from here on forward as OSUGs).

First, a huge thank you to our MVPs and other community members who have started OutSystems meetups over the years! You’ve done such a great job getting people together locally, and we’re proud to give these an official title and additional support. Let’s take them to the next level. :)

So, what’s an OSUG?

The OutSystems User Groups are events built by the community, for the community (that’s YOU!). This is a way for you to meet other people in your area who are also working with OutSystems. 

You’ll hear what other developers are building, can discuss best practices, learn new tips and tricks, hear about upcoming features with the platform, and even share feedback with us. 

They are solely focused on the sharing and learning of knowledge so you won’t have to worry about being sold to, or getting recruited (we have other events for this!). You will, however, get some awesome swag. :)

Where are the current locations?

We already have some events all over the world, take a look at the map below to see where the OSUGs are currently happening. Join a local event here.

I don’t see an OSUG nearby!

We’re working with OutSystems developers globally to kick them off in more cities, and we’ll begin to announce here in the forum when we have new locations. Or if you’d like to help get one started in your region, see below. ;)

Also, some of the current meetups haven't yet been transformed into the "official" OSUGs yet, so you may not see those here yet. 

How can I help organize an OSUG?

Whether you’re interested in starting a new event, helping with a current one, or just want to learn more about what being an organizer means, fill out this short form and let’s chat!

Don’t worry, you don’t have to do it alone

• We’ll help you get started (and support you along the way)! 

• We’ll connect you with other interested leaders in your area to share responsibilities

• You’ll have support from OutSystems (finding speakers, booking venues, sending swag, event promotion)

• We can cover part of the cost for each event which can be used for a venue/meeting space, food/drinks, or a/v equipment

I want to sponsor an OSUG

Yes! Whether you’re a customer or partner or whatever, you can sponsor by emailing us (communityteam@outsystems.com) in these ways:

• Venue - offer up your office or space to hold the event

• Food/drinks - Each event will have food and beverages

And for your sponsorship, you’ll get:

• Logo and link on the OSUG event page listing you as a sponsor

• Mentioned at the opening/closing of the OSUG

• Opportunity to bring swag and/or host a drawing/contest

• Mention in social media

• Two minutes at the beginning of the event to address the attendees (if you’d like!)

Jakarta, Indonesia OSUG

We hope you’ll join us at a local OSUG soon! 

Note: Updated map on June 26 to show South Africa OSUG

Seriously, no user group in the Netherlands?

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Seriously, no user group in the Netherlands?

Hey Daniel! We do, of course! Remco and team have been running excellent events for a couple of years now. And in September they'll be transforming into an official OSUG. I see you're already in the current group.

But for others in the Netherlands, you can join here: https://www.meetup.com/Netherlands-Outsystems-Community-Meetup/. There's a BBQ coming up soon!

Hi Jessica,

Yes I regular go to the Meetup organices by Remco and also the one In Den Haag organized by Bool.

From your annoucement it was not clear that the Linkit meetup is transformed to an official OSUG.

What does it mean that the meetup is transformed to an official OSUG?

What differences can we expect?

Regards,

Daniel

Can there be more than one OSUG in each country?

Would be nice to have something near Rotterdam for instance :)

Joey Moree wrote:

Don't think it makes sense since Utrecht is pretty close for most people, but you can give it a try :)

Joey Moree wrote:

Hi Joey,

There can be more than one OSUG per country, for sure - for instance, in Portugal we have three! One in Lisbon, one in Porto and another one in Azores.

Regarding the Netherlands, we will take into consideration more locations besides Utrecht :)

gbarbosa wrote:

Joey Moree wrote:

Don't think it makes sense since Utrecht is pretty close for most people, but you can give it a try :)

I primarily ride a bike and because of that Utrecht is not close by ;) But when your living in Drente or Zeeland then Utrecht is still pretty far away. Perhaps we should start to broadcast the sessions via Twitch/Mixer/Youtube so everyone can participate (or at least view)?

I would like that, this also allows us to rewatch sessions!

Vincent Koning wrote:

gbarbosa wrote:

Joey Moree wrote:

I primarily ride a bike and because of that Utrecht is not close by ;) But when your living in Drente or Zeeland then Utrecht is still pretty far away. Perhaps we should start to broadcast the sessions via Twitch/Mixer/Youtube so everyone can participate (or at least view)?

Hey Guilherme, thank you for the feedback! 

We are indeed working on having a channel where we can broadcast OSUGs as well as then share the sessions we have, in all regions. So, stay tuned ;)

South Africa made the map, YAY!

Yes! It should've been there to begin with but when I pulled the data from Meetup.com we didn't have it connected correctly. Just needed to make a small fix. :D

Hanno wrote:

South Africa made the map, YAY!

Eagerly awaiting to see OSUGs in India !!!

None in New Zealand yet ?? will have to start one. 

Yes! Are you interested in helping get one started? We have a short form to fill out to get your info and we'll look into how many devs we have: https://forms.gle/UrzqM8Jb7Nr3DuFT9

Hendrik Van Der Watt wrote:

None in New Zealand yet ?? will have to start one. 

Hello All, 

Happy to share that Pune OSUG(India) is up. 

A big thanks to Andreia Tulcidás for setting this up. Join Join Join.  

Regards

Amal