hello.

I want to implement cascading dropdown boxes in mobile app.

Is it possible in mobile apps or just in web apps.



Hi Ami Shah,

You mean you want something like this in mobile?

Yes it's possible, maybe you want to check this previous post:
https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/36753/dynamic-values-in-mobile-application-dropdown/#Post132404

Regards,

Hi Ami,

Yes you can also implement casecading dropdown in mobile app in same way of web app.
Just Like


https://rahul-sahu.outsystemscloud.com/PreviewInDevices/?IsMobilePreview=True&DeviceName=Smartphone&URL=/CasecadeDropDown/DropDown?_ts=636970671469318599

Select India from first dropdown and then repective states bind in second dropdown

Thanks for the reply but still not figured it out.

I will attach the oml file. 

I think the GetCitystaticquery is wrong

Hi Ami Shah,

You can store the selected ID of the first dropdown on a variable, then you use that variable to filter results of the second dropdown query, which can be refreshed using an onchange event.


Marco Arede wrote:

Hi Ami Shah,

You can store the selected ID of the first dropdown on a variable, then you use that variable to filter results of the second dropdown query, which can be refreshed using an onchange event.



Hello Marco,

Thanks for the reply. I stored the label of 1st drop down list in a variable dd1, and then applied query and the result was desired. 

but in 2nd drop down menu , not a single value is showing.


Hi Ami Shah,


Please look this oml code. you are passing incorrect variable, 

Rahul Sahu wrote:

Hi Ami Shah,


Please look this oml code. you are passing incorrect variable, 


Yes i corrected that you can look in DropDownMenu3.oml 

Solution

Ami Shah wrote:

Rahul Sahu wrote:

Hi Ami Shah,


Please look this oml code. you are passing incorrect variable, 


Yes i corrected that you can look in DropDownMenu3.oml 

Hi Ami,


Change the type of ddl text to integer 

and chnage filter condition in aggregate-

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

citystatic.countrystaticid =IntegerToIdentifier(dd1)


hope your problem will solved.


Thanks 

Rahul

Solution