Auto-Complete showing the xml tags when added Ajax refresh after Input_AC_Showlist

Auto-Complete showing the xml tags when added Ajax refresh after Input_AC_Showlist

Edwin Siruma wrote:

hi Edwin Siruma,

Which Part you are refreshing div or input box. can u attached oml.

I am refreshing the div... sorry I cannot attach my oml.. but this OML from another forum has the same issue

Hi Edwin Siruma,

The sample oml file which you provide,Is working fine for me.

Once update the Rich widget extension,

Regards,

Koushik

Type "a" or any letters within "auto complete"

Edwin Siruma wrote:

I am refreshing the div... sorry I cannot attach my oml.. but this OML from another forum has the same issue

HI,

I Have found same issue if two time search and back and agian search.
Please dont refresh auto_complete div and you will not get xml in this.

I need to refresh it to display the entire list, if the variable already have a value.

Solution I got from this post: https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/34996/auto-complete-bug/

Hi Edwin,

I also encountered the same observation while implementing the autocomplete functionality in one of the project.

Reason for the cause: It happens when we ajax refresh the Input_AutoComplete widget (i.e. the NameInptAC Widget, refer the below screen shot) which is mapped with an input control (i.e. NameInpt).

Solution: Instead you should enclose both the Input control and Input_AutoComplete widget inside a container and ajax refresh the container (i.e. as per the below e.g. the Ajax Refresh should be applied to the NameCntr instead of NameInptAC)

Hope it helps,

Kind Regards,

Benjith Sam

Benjith Sam wrote:

Hi Edwin,

I also encountered the same observation while implementing the autocomplete functionality in one of the project.

Reason for the cause: It happens when we ajax refresh the Input_AutoComplete widget (i.e. the NameInptAC Widget, refer the below screen shot) which is mapped with an input control (i.e. NameInpt).

Solution: Instead you should enclose both the Input control and Input_AutoComplete widget inside a container and ajax refresh the container (i.e. as per the below e.g. the Ajax Refresh should be applied to the NameCntr instead of NameInptAC)

Hope it helps,

Kind Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Benjith,

It did resolve the issue of the xml, but now when I select a name from the list it is not displayed on NameInpt.

Thanks.

Edwin Siruma wrote:

Benjith Sam wrote:

Hi Edwin,

Hope it helps,

Kind Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Benjith,

It did resolve the issue of the xml, but now when I select a name from the list it is not displayed on NameInpt.

Thanks.

Hi Edwin,

It's because you might have placed the Ajax to NameInpt in the action flow (my guess is you might have placed the Ajax Refresh to the NameInpt widget in the OnChange action flow) and the NameInpt control (i.e. variable mapped with the NameInput) is getting refreshed to blank value (by debugging the code you can trace the flaw easily!). 

It would be helpful if you can show us the NameInpt widget OnChange action flow (screenshot).

Kind Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Edwin,

May i know why you are using ajax refresh on OnNotify Action. If Suppose there is no need of the ajax refresh remove the ajax refresh,then the issue will be solved.

Regards,

Koushik

Benjith Sam wrote:

Edwin Siruma wrote:

Benjith Sam wrote:

Hi Edwin,

Hope it helps,

Kind Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Benjith,

Thanks.

Hi Edwin,

It's because you might have placed the Ajax to NameInpt in the action flow (my guess is you might have placed the Ajax Refresh to the NameInpt widget in the OnChange action flow) and the NameInpt control (i.e. variable mapped with the NameInput) is getting refreshed to blank value (by debugging the code you can trace the flaw easily!). 

It would be helpful if you can show us the NameInpt widget OnChange action flow (screenshot).

Kind Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Benjith,

On your sample, NameInpt is inside NameCntr which you said the one I should refresh. :D

Thanks again for your reply.

Koushik Prathi wrote:

Hi Edwin,

May i know why you are using ajax refresh on OnNotify Action. If Suppose there is no need of the ajax refresh remove the ajax refresh,then the issue will be solved.

Regards,

Koushik

Hi,

Kindly read above why I need to refresh. Thanks.

Edwin Siruma wrote:

Benjith Sam wrote:

Edwin Siruma wrote:

Benjith Sam wrote:

Hi Edwin,

Hope it helps,

Kind Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Benjith,

Thanks.

Hi Edwin,

Kind Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Benjith,

On your sample, NameInpt is inside NameCntr which you said the one I should refresh. :D

Hi Edwin, 

I'm sorry If I was not clear with the above point. 

Let's consider two input widget (X and Y -> Where  Y is dependent on X Selection). What I did is, I had defined the Ajax  refresh to the container (NameCntr) containing Y + Input_AutoComplete widget in the OnChage action flow of the X input widget. Now when I select the Y value (NameInpt) from the rendered autocomplete list the selected Y value will not get refreshed as well as the autocomplete list linked with Y input will not show the xml tags.

Hope the explanation helped you!

Kind Regards,

Benjith Sam

Benjith Sam wrote:

Edwin Siruma wrote:

Benjith Sam wrote:

Edwin Siruma wrote:

Benjith Sam wrote:

Hi Edwin,

Hope it helps,

Kind Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Benjith,

Thanks.

Hi Edwin,

Kind Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Benjith,

Hi Edwin, 

Let's consider two input widget (X and Y -> Where  Y is dependent on X Selection). What I did is, I had defined the Ajax  refresh to the container (NameCntr) containing Y + Input_AutoComplete widget in the OnChage action flow of the X input widget. Now when I select the Y value (NameInpt) from the rendered autocomplete list the selected Y value will not get refreshed as well as the autocomplete list linked with Y input will not show the xml tags.

Kind Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Benjith and all,

Thank you for your replies.

I instead use this component from forge :)

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-discussions/5379/BetterAutoComplete

Benjith Sam wrote:

Edwin Siruma wrote:

Benjith Sam wrote:

Edwin Siruma wrote:

Benjith Sam wrote:

Hi Edwin,

Hope it helps,

Kind Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Benjith,

Thanks.

Hi Edwin,

Kind Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Benjith,

Hi Edwin, 

Kind Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Benjith,

Possible to attach the OML file?

The user suddenly do not want to turn-off the Double-Click

Thanks.

I have created an improved autocomplete to resolve the issue on double-click event:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/6270/you-autocomplete-me